Value Hotels

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
We are considering taking our son this summer to WDW. He will be 2.5 when we go. Growing up we spent many vacations in WDW, but always stayed at Old Key West, Polynesian or the Board Walk. We would be on a tighter budget than what those places would probably afford, but I would like to stay on property to take advantage of the transportation available.

Will we have a good time in one of the value resort? Is there one that you would recommend over another knowing we are going with a 2.5 yr old?

I can't tell you whether you will have a good time or not--much depends upon YOUR attitude and expectations.

Can you help us out with what specific questions/concerns you have?

We have stayed at All Star Movies and Art of Animation. Values have smaller rooms, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with your party size. Values do not have slides at the main pools, but your little one will probably be too little for the slide anyway. The values also only have a food court, no sit down restaurant.

Values aren't fancy, but have the best theming for the littlest guests. I would rec Pop or Art of Animation. When my toddler gets bigger, I plan on staying at Poly or Contemporary, but for now we are AoA all the way.

Thanks---I guess I am worried about having space in the room. I know we won't spend a ton of time there, but I want to make sure that we have room to move around the room with a little one under foot. Also wasn't sure if the rooms were quiet. I know Disney is a kid-friendly environment but I have always felt like the value hotels weren't a great place for younger visitors.

We are considering taking our son this summer to WDW. He will be 2.5 when we go. Growing up we spent many vacations in WDW, but always stayed at Old Key West, Polynesian or the Board Walk. We would be on a tighter budget than what those places would probably afford, but I would like to stay on property to take advantage of the transportation available.

Will we have a good time in one of the value resort? Is there one that you would recommend over another knowing we are going with a 2.5 yr old?

You will have a great time! I took DS on his first trip at 18 months, stayed at ASMu. Not a problem at all, we had the pack n play set up in on corner and there was enough room for him to move around. I would go for ASMo, at 2.5 my DS loved it! It's so cute, especially 101 Dalmatians and Toy Story buildings. My DS loved stopping by the "bones" in the sidewalks at 101 Dalmatians, he would sit down on them and only get up after I took a pic of him! Just be mindful of the food courts, they can be SO busy at regular meal times, and loud! Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

We've stayed at Pop and AS Sports. We had a great time at both. The biggest difficulty is the stroller on the bus when your little one falls asleep; however, since you only have one little guy and two adults, one can collapse the stroller and one can carry the sleeping toddler. The giant icons and outdoor space to run around is fantastic. Pools are fun and rooms will be big enough with only 3 of you. Have a great trip :thumbsup2

We especially love POP because of themes and the nice pool. POP has an awesome splash pad that my children love to run in. It has the bubbles to run through and not to deep. We like the 60s section. Close to the main building and we found our room quiet, at least on our trip we did. I think you will like it there.

We especially love POP because of themes and the nice pool. POP has an awesome splash pad that my children love to run in. It has the bubbles to run through and not to deep. We like the 60s section. Close to the main building and we found our room quiet, at least on our trip we did. I think you will like it there.

I agree with this. Pop is a great resort for kids. I personally would not go with a 2.5 year old. My daughter's first trip was 5 and that was perfect. At 2.5 it would be too much work. It is a lot of money to spend and he would not remember it. I rather go on cheaper vacations until around 5. I am always amazed when I see people in the parks that are carrying infants.

I know we won't spend a ton of time there, but I want to make sure that we have room to move around the room with a little one under foot.

You should be fine at any of the Values. I think the All Stars, because they are so much smaller than the Pop, tend to feel less frantic. If you are looking for a quiet room, as for one of the back side of whatever building they put you in. Pool side rooms are noisy! Once you go around to the back side of those buildings you hear none of that.

All-stars music was perfect for our first family trip with our 4-year-old. He LOVED the pool, especially because they have the life vests for him to wear so he can swim for real. :)

It's quiet near the back, but it makes for a long walk. If you can convince him to sit in a stroller then it shouldn't be too bad. I'd still try to get something at least in the middle of the resort though.

~Cari~ pluto:

I would choose either ASMo or POP. The rooms are small, but very manageable. The resort is appealing to young children and the buses are as good as they are from any resort - perhaps even better than the buses from luxury resorts!

If it is in the budget, I always book a preferred room at value and moderate resorts. That little extra convenience really helps, IMO. Also, request the ground floor rooms and rooms facing away from the pool areas for added convenience and extra quiet for naps.

Keep expectations low (these are NOT luxury resorts) but be prepared to have a good time. Regardless of where you stay, a trip to WDW is partly what you make of it. The rooms are clean, safe and have everything that you need, so no need to worry, just don't expect luxury size rooms and amenities.

I have stayed everywhere from standard rooms at All Stars to the Grand Floridian TPV and enjoyed all those stays. I have visited with various family members from age one to age 83. WDW (at all resort levels) is wonderful and is enjoyable at all ages and abilities. Just keep in mind to plan your vacation around the needs/likes/personality of your little one and it will be an awesome trip.

Enjoy the wonder and excitement as your little one sees the magic of WDW for the first time! There is nothing else like it!

I agree with this. Pop is a great resort for kids. I personally would not go with a 2.5 year old. My daughter's first trip was 5 and that was perfect. At 2.5 it would be too much work. It is a lot of money to spend and he would not remember it. I rather go on cheaper vacations until around 5. I am always amazed when I see people in the parks that are carrying infants.

And it always amazes me that people think other people are wasting their money on a vacation at WDW with very small children. :sad2: Maybe it's not for you, but as a family who HAS taken toddlers to WDW, I can tell you it has nothing to do with "getting my money's worth" (and we're not well-off by ANY stretch!!!) but it has everything to do with the family memories that are made and watching your child's face as they experience the magic and wonder of the World. FWIW, for our very first family trip we stayed at ASMovies and my son, who was 2.5 at the time, still remembers certain details about that resort and that trip.

To the OP: as others have said, any stay at WDW is so much of what you make of it. The Values are tons of fun for a toddler!! The little splash pools are great. When we did stay at ASMo with our toddler, I was even able to put his little travel bed on the floor and we still had room to move around (I mean, for the time you would typically spend there, it was fine).

Have a magical trip!! pixiedust:

Some people prefer to wait until their children are older to experience WDW and that is fine. Every family knows what is best for them. For some people having an infant is easiest dealt with by staying at home, for others an infant is easier to live with if you can get away from home. The holiday can be primarily for the parents. That is fine too. Just base plans and expectations to realistic levels based upon the needs of the group.

Another way to look at infant experience is to believe that going to places like WDW, even if not specifically remembered, enriches the life of very young children as well as older children. For some people bringing a small child to WDW would be way too much work, for others it is a relaxing joy to get away from the mundane day to day. Partly, it depends upon the child, partly it depends upon the parents and partly it depends upon your method of enjoying a trip to WDW.

Many Babies like a slow, gentle pace. Some are all energy and like to go go go. If you travel at the pace of the slowest one in your group, everyone will have a great time regardless of age. Perhaps surprisingly, you do not need to ride headliners or even ride at all to have fun in Disney World. I myself have spent many days in WDW theme parks without getting on any rides or only one or two.

Part of the magic of Disney is that it is made possible for everyone, regardless of age or limitations, to enjoy a visit there! It is so well done that way!

And it always amazes me that people think other people are wasting their money on a vacation at WDW with very small children. :sad2: Maybe it's not for you, but as a family who HAS taken toddlers to WDW, I can tell you it has nothing to do with "getting my money's worth" (and we're not well-off by ANY stretch!!!) but it has everything to do with the family memories that are made and watching your child's face as they experience the magic and wonder of the World. FWIW, for our very first family trip we stayed at ASMovies and my son, who was 2.5 at the time, still remembers certain details about that resort and that trip.

To the OP: as others have said, any stay at WDW is so much of what you make of it. The Values are tons of fun for a toddler!! The little splash pools are great. When we did stay at ASMo with our toddler, I was even able to put his little travel bed on the floor and we still had room to move around (I mean, for the time you would typically spend there, it was fine).

Totally agree!!! Our Son's first trip was as a Toddler. he does not remember a thing but WE DO! Pictures of him kissing Minnie's nose, to him dancing at tiki birds. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what works for their family. For us strolling EPCOT countries while he napped in his stroller was a great way to do non kid things and to slow it down. 25 years later we still look back at the trip fondly.

I have stayed in each of the values multiple times (except AoA where one was enough), I feel strongly that the key to a good visit at ANY resort is TOP floor, NOT overlooking the pool. These are the quietest rooms. _I_ have a preference for the AS as they have 1,000 fewer rooms and aren't quiet as crazy as Pop; Music is my favorite.

Totally agree!!! Our Son's first trip was as a Toddler. he does not remember a thing but WE DO! Pictures of him kissing Minnie's nose, to him dancing at tiki birds. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and what works for their family. For us strolling EPCOT countries while he napped in his stroller was a great way to do non kid things and to slow it down. 25 years later we still look back at the trip fondly.

We are another family that has been going since our 1st DD was 6 month old and it has never been a hassle and after doing it for years would not even hesitate to do it again. We had some great times. Both DDs favorite WDW videos are when they were there as babies:cloud9:
OP; I know POP is the popular pick but our DDs liked ASMO because they knew all of the giant icons and loved them. At POP, we were explaining the rubic cube etc. to them. You will be fine at the values, we have had great times at all 3 levels of resorts.

Whether it is worth it is very subjective.

I've taken my older son when he was only 2.5 yo and we stayed at Contemporary. It was expensive but we loved it. When we went back at 3.5 yo, we downgraded to Moderate and stayed at Caribbean Beach and we loved it as well. This time he is now 5 yo and I'm taking my younger 1.5 yo for the first time, and we're on a strict budget so I booked a value resort.

Although I do adjust my expectations. I'm not going to expect fancy rooms like CR when I was at CBR. And I'm not going to expect that at value resort.

I see no reason why people won't enjoy value resorts. The trip is magical no matter where you sleep and stay. We're heading to All Star sports and I'm excited - so glad it is within my set budget this time and my boys will love the theme.

People love their resorts, but as someone who is always planning on a tight budget- the values are plenty Disney accommodations for you. Your family is small- the smaller accommodations will be fine. The vibe of the values is bright and fun. I'm not sure how old you were traveling to the deluxe resorts for you to really be able to compare, but if you really want to do Disney, I don't think you will be disappointed.

People love their resorts, but as someone who is always planning on a tight budget- the values are plenty Disney accommodations for you. Your family is small- the smaller accommodations will be fine. The vibe of the values is bright and fun. I'm not sure how old you were traveling to the deluxe resorts for you to really be able to compare, but if you really want to do Disney, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Also, my daughter has traveled DCL at 1, WDW at 2 and 3 and I don't feel we wasted money at all. The memories I have and can share with my daughter when she is older are special to me. She LOVED the splash baby pool at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter