Value For One Night - Thoughts?

southjerseymom

DIS Veteran
Me and the kids checking into value for one night before 6 night stay at Beach Club. DH flying down 2 days later. Magical Express makes it easier on me but not worth checking into BC since flight doesn't get in until 8:30. Looking for maybe a late swim - easy food and a place to lay my head before checking into BC the next day. Very picky about rooms. Stayed one night at All Sports years ago and did not love cleanliness. Anyone have any recent experience? Don't want Animation because can't figure out why they call that Value and charge Moderate prices LOL. TIA any replies.

Well I'll say this, we've stayed everywhere except GF, poly, pop and FW. The only place our DD6 went nuts over was ASMo! We had no issues with our room and enjoyed it for all of the reasons you listed above.

If you're taking a cab to the BC the next day, Pop would be close and convenient. It only costs about $10 for a taxi to the BC.

I return to POP over and over again each year for the F&W Festival and have never had a truly dirty room. I don't check under the beds and don't inspect the corners of the bathroom so I can imagine there is likely some hair and food particles hiding here and there. All of the Values have rooms that take a beating due to kids and high volume turnover. Only once did I have a problem. On check-in I discovered the hairdryer mounted on the wall was falling out of its drywall anchors. Probably a child had been swinging on it. I mentioned it to front desk the next day as I didn't wish to be charged for any damage. They repaired it same day when I was in the park. I find POP is excellent with the small room repair issues. Should you have a particularly dirty room or problem, they will try to fix or move you to another room if at all possible.

We did the exact same thing a few years ago. We stayed at POP for one night and then headed over to BC the next day. We took a taxi and bell services brought our luggage over for us. It was simple. POP was also very clean; small, but clean.

I have had multiple stays at each of the values. I've never had an issue with cleanliness at any of them. I agree with samsteele that if you are looking for problems, you WILL find them at ANY resort. I don't inspect the nooks and crannies of my own home for dust bunnies--I'm sure as heck not going to do it on vacation....

Really, ANY value will suit your needs as the food courts are easy food with a nice variety and each value has at least 2 pools.

We're not length stayers at the values, but for one night....arrival day....last 2 trips we did All Star Movies and Music...

We drive, 1050 miles one way at get to WDW fairly late so we opt for a value for a place to shower, swim and sleep on a bed...next morning we move to either WL or BLT....has worked great, can't find a decent clean motel like a Disney value for that one night....and paying deluxe price for one night just to sleep, not economical...

Me and the kids checking into value for one night before 6 night stay at Beach Club. DH flying down 2 days later. Magical Express makes it easier on me but not worth checking into BC since flight doesn't get in until 8:30. Looking for maybe a late swim - easy food and a place to lay my head before checking into BC the next day. Very picky about rooms. Stayed one night at All Sports years ago and did not love cleanliness. Anyone have any recent experience? Don't want Animation because can't figure out why they call that Value and charge Moderate prices LOL. TIA any replies.

If your flight doesn't arrive until later in the evening, by the time you get to the resort, swimming might not be an option (don't the pools close at 10 or 11 now?) and there might not be many food choices depending on the resort. I think at Pop after 10, your choices are mostly pizza or the pool bar.

For me, I'd want to stay in the hotel I checked into the first night. Moving from one room to another with kids seems like it would be a hassle, especially if my husband wasn't there to help wrangle the kids and the stuff.

Last edited:

There is one set of standard rooms at AoA that is value priced. The family suites are very expensive. Look at AoA and pick the Little Mermaid rooms.

I stay at the values when I'm solo and haven't had any problem with them not being clean.

If it's just the thought of staying in a Value then look at the Moderates (Port Orleans, Caribean Beach, or Coronado Springs). It's still cheaper than a Deluxe but it's a little nicer than the Values.

We loved Sports and had no issues there. Have liked any of the values. (Haven't stayed at Movies)

That said, there is a HUGE value in having that first night's sleep AND the morning and early afternoon to checkin time, at the resort where you're going to BE. It's easy to think of just sleeping that first night but that ignores the fact that you might not have another room until 3 or 4pm the next day.

It felt crazy to pay for the night at POR when we got to the resort after 1am, but the next morning when we didn't have to repack and move and be "homeless", the value of that night's sort of money went WAY up.

It's what I am doing prior to a GF stay in Nov. We are staying one night due to a late arrival and just turning in for the night to get up early the next day and move to our resort. Saves a LOT of money for the sake of a cab fare and check in again at the GF.

I have stayed at them all. 99.9% of the time the rooms are clean enough. The dirtiest room that I ever entered was a CL room in the BWI!!! (I think that the room wasn't fully cleaned after the last occupant.) Just goes to show that a room can have issues anywhere because usually the BWI is spotless.

I would just do it and not worry. ASSp is a nice value resort that will likely be just fine for one night.

Thanks for all the replies. I booked the Little Mermaid room for the 1 night. This is my guy's 9th trip so we are looking forward to waking up and maybe taking a swim and checking out this new resort. Then on to BC and our next 6 nights! DH wants us to "go hard" and ride everything before he gets down so he can relax LOL. Getting excited. A week ago we had not pulled the trigger - now we are waiting for our Magic Bands. I figure most Fast Passes have been taken but we are pretty flexible and I did make a couple of ADR's when I booked so we are good. Mostly looking forward to F&W. My DS15 and DD12 are very adventurous eaters so snacking around the World is going to be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter