Valet Rules for off-site guests

tabm01

Mouseketeer
I've read several threads about this but want to make sure I've got it straight since this will be my first trip as an offsite guest. I have reservations at Poly one day and CR another day and was considering valet parking those days. I understand that you shouldn't self park at a resort and go to the parks, but is it ok to if you are paying for valet? From what I've read it sounds like if there is room, you can valet for any reason.

Valet parking rules are the same for everyone except, if you are staying at a resort and can't find a parking space, the resort is supposed to comp the valet parking.

Unless there is a special event including interviewing of each and every valet parker to inform him of an exception that day, the valet parking fee covers the whole day and includes hopping to other valet parking.

Is that published somewhere, or otherwise an absolute policy? It'd be really awkward for someone to claim, "But this guy on the DIS said..."

Is that published somewhere, or otherwise an absolute policy? It'd be really awkward for someone to claim, "But this guy on the DIS said..."
It's nothing I've ever heard. But, I can see how it might be put into effect. But....I can't imagine an instance when the parking lots, intended for resort guest parking, would be completely full. When there is something going on, that would bring more people to that resort (Food and Wine at Epcot, for instance, brings people to BW to park, while not staying at BW), security asks for MBs to prove you are staying there. If not a paid resort guest, you are directed to either valet or an overflow lot...which can be a long hike.

It's nothing I've ever heard. But, I can see how it might be put into effect. But....I can't imagine an instance when the parking lots, intended for resort guest parking, would be completely full. When there is something going on, that would bring more people to that resort (Food and Wine at Epcot, for instance, brings people to BW to park, while not staying at BW), security asks for MBs to prove you are staying there. If not a paid resort guest, you are directed to either valet or an overflow lot...which can be a long hike.

Thanks for clarifying this. I think the valet parking tip is such a great tip for WDW guests that stay offsite.

We found it to be the best advice we got for our trip. Valet at CR was huge when at MK. Made in and out so easy and midday breaks a breeze!!

Anyone have any information about handicap valet parking? Some things have changed and now my MIL, who is having chemo treatments, has a handicap tag. I read that people with handicap tags can valet for free. Can anyone confirm this? Is this any more convenient than just parking in a handicap spot in the parks?

Can anyone confirm this? Is this any more convenient than just parking in a handicap spot in the parks?

I can confirm that when I have gone to eat at a resort with my sister or mom and had their tag hanging, we did not have to pay for valet. I have not tried it for a full day though.

The only park where it might be convenient to valet park at a resort instead of HA parking lot would be MK. That is only because if you are on the outer edges of the HA parking lot at TTC, it can be a long walk. I usually tell people that unless they are using a mobility device to get from HA parking to TTC, then they would be better off parking in the regular lot and taking the tram to TTC. At Epcot and DHS, it would be closer to park in the HA parking than to park at one of those resorts.

Thanks! So I'm thinking we will valet at the MK resorts on our MK days, and try the HA lots at the other parks. We plan to get there at rope drop most days, so finding a spot shouldn't be a problem, until we return around 4 pm from our mid-day break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter