Valet parking

boardwalk prof

Mouseketeer
We are leaving tomorrow for 16 glorious nights at the Boardwalk!!! I know the kids won't sleep tonight and I doubt I will either...everyone is so excited!

This will be our first trip driving to WDW. We don't mind the buses so don't think we'll be driving to all the parks, but will be using the car at least part of the time. I've searched this board and we are fairly comfortable with the tipping guideline of $1-$2 tip for the valet when we pick up the car.

What I'm wondering about is how much of a wait there is to have the valet park and (especially) retrieve your car. Is it faster and less stressful to just self-park and go get in your car and go?? Also, can you call down to the front desk and ask the valet to go get your car while your walking down to the lobby so your car is there waiting for you by the time you arrive outside the lobby? Who would you call?

We like to RELAX on vacation so this isn't an issue of saving 5 minutes because we're in such a hurry -- we just want as stress free an experience as possible.

There is very little wait to have a valet park your car. There can be much more of one to retrieve it.

I would highly suggest calling from the room. That's the same suggestion the valet people will give you. By the time you're there, your car probably will be too. They'll give you the number to call...in fact, it might even be on speed dial with an icon on your phone.

We get to BWV on Sunday...you're going to absolutely love it, especially for a first trip! Enjoy! :)

It really isn't stressful at all to valet park. Take Granny's advice and call from your room. You will get a ticket with a number on it. When you call just give them the number and the car will be waiting. In my trips to the BWV, I can't remember the car not waiting for me by the time I arrived at the front of the hotel if I called from the room.

HBC

Ask them to keep the car running, AC on full... then take a leisurely time getting down there... it will make the drive more acceptable too :)

Alternatively... if you are more energy conscious than I apparently am... you can ask them to shut it off to conserve fuel.

/Jim

I always call down to have my car pulled up and usually it is there by the time we get there (after walking the long halls ;) ).

we always call down from the room just before leaving to have them pull car around and we have seldom if ever waited for it. I have never self parked and use the car and thus valet 4-5 times in one day on occassion. It's a wonderful perk to have...I feel like Royalty pulling up to the BW.

Even the times we didnt call it only took a few minutes to get the car. They have alot of guys working- and I have to say they were all so nice. They were the nicest CMs at the BW and would go out of their way to help. Every time they handed us our keys they made sure we knew where we were going.

Ditto on the sweet valet guys. Very helpful and always start our week off in the Disney spirit. I don't even care where the self park lot because the valets are so convenient and a pleasure to talk to.

We also love the valet parking at BWV. The CMs are so nice and the service is top notch. We always call from the room and the car is waiting, running and cooled down when we get to the front door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter