valet parking?

Joie

Mouseketeer
We are staying at AKV Jambo soon and someone in our party has a disability and has a handicap placard. Is valet parking still free for people with a disability that has a placard? I thought I read somewhere on here about this but can't find it now Thanks

Tips aren't mandatory; however, it's customary to tip valet parking attendants.

I don't know where the HP spaces are in relation to the Kidani entrance, but at Jambo they're close enough that valet parking wouldn't be required. It would be a choice, especially if the otherly-abled person was not the driver.

Yes valet parking is free but I am sure they would appreciate a tip. Valet parking used to be free for DVC members in the past, but no longer a perk. I am sure they will take care of your needs.

Tips aren't mandatory; however, it's customary to tip valet parking attendants.

I don't know where the HP spaces are in relation to the Kidani entrance, but at Jambo they're close enough that valet parking wouldn't be required. It would be a choice, especially if the otherly-abled person was not the driver.

Agreed,but the way poster number two said you HAVE to provide a tip kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Tipping a valet is not mandatory but YES it is common decency.:thumbsup2

And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1 But we had to tip when they took the car and when the brought it back, we were tipping $80 a day:scared1:. We had to get the car to get tickets from SOG and then when we went to eat at Tony Roma's:woohoo: and Universal Studios:rolleyes1. We had a disability placard but it seemed we were over paying each time:confused3.

And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1

Two or three bucks to pick up and drop off is nice. Or you can just tip when you pick up your vehicle.

Tips aren't mandatory. You don't NEED to provide one.

It is customary in the United States to provide a gratuity for valet services. It is true that your car will disappear and reappear without doing so, but that is a different thing.

$20 is an extremely generous amount. $1-$5 each for parking and fetching is the usual range.

To me -- stiffing a valet on free parking would be beyond the pale unless there was something about the service that didn't measure up.

And how much TIP do you think is common decency :confused3, I tipped $20 each time and hubby said that was way too much!!:rolleyes1 But we had to tip when they took the car and when the brought it back, we were tipping $80 a day:scared1:. We had to get the car to get tickets from SOG and then when we went to eat at Tony Roma's:woohoo: and Universal Studios:rolleyes1. We had a disability placard but it seemed we were over paying each time:confused3.

I must be an awful tipper. I am a single grandmother and I would tip 5.00 at a time. That's just my opinion. And since u need your car multiple times throughout the day even that amount adds up.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter