Valet Parking ? When Not Staying on Points

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
Hi All,

If we have ressies for breakfast at a BW restaurant and are not staying on points do we still receive free valet parking? I think the answer is no, but I am trying to plan out the morning...Wanted to dine at Spoodles before Epcot opens and then enter through the International Gateway. Is this possible?

Technically, I doubt we're entitle to free valet parking when we're not staying on points. Why don't you just self park?? Anybody can park at the Boardwalk. During extremely busy times they'll have people not staying there park across the street, but that's always allowed.

I don't believe free valet parking is an AP perk. I think its only for DVC members.

Yes, sorry, let me clarify. If you have TiW card (available only to AP and FL residents) you may valet park free at any participating restaurant (even those at hotels)

So if the OP has an AP and TiW then she/he can valet park free at BW for Spoodles

Yes, sorry, let me clarify. If you have TiW card (available only to AP and FL residents) you may valet park free at any participating restaurant (even those at hotels)

So if the OP has an AP and TiW then she/he can valet park free at BW for Spoodles

Thank you - that completes the loop. I hope to take advantage of this perk very soon! :cake:

Valet parking for TIW is supposed to be limited to three hours. Last month when we got back to the car, the Valet had placed a three hour parking pass on our dash. Don't know what happens if you stay beyond three hours. :confused:

Technically, I doubt we're entitle to free valet parking when we're not staying on points. Why don't you just self park?? Anybody can park at the Boardwalk. During extremely busy times they'll have people not staying there park across the street, but that's always allowed.
Actually DVC members are entitled to free valet at all current DVC resorts that have them. That's true if not staying on points, staying off property or just driving through. Of course it could change in the future.

From the member website (WDW Resort Perks - More Disney Magic) :

"Valet Parking at the Walt Disney World Resort
Valet parking is complimentary at Disney's BoardWalk Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Just show your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card. Complimentary valet parking is not available at other valet parking operations or for Theme Park access.

You'll be charged the daily fee of $10.00 for this service at any other valet parking operation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Once you've paid for the valet service, you'll receive unlimited valet parking for the remainder of the day. Whether or not you are charged to valet park, gratuities are still appropriate. There will be no charge for Guests with disabilities who have the proper permits. "

So you can use the valet parking perk to park at the BW to dine at Spoodles, but you can't valet park there to visit Epcot.

Valet is also free at AKL/V for DVC members :)

Claire ;)

Valet is also free at AKL/V for DVC members :)

Claire ;)

That's good to know:thumbsup2 .

OK, I am putting on my "stupid" sign....:upsidedow

How exactly does valet parking work? Do we just drive up to the front of the lodge, unload our car, toss them the keys (and a tip!) and be done with it? What about later, when we want to drive to a park? Do they go get our car for us? And again when we drag ourselves back at midnight...are they still available to deal with the vehicle? In case it isn't obvious, I have never used valet parking:laughing: .

That's good to know:thumbsup2 .

OK, I am putting on my "stupid" sign....:upsidedow

How exactly does valet parking work? Do we just drive up to the front of the lodge, unload our car, toss them the keys (and a tip!) and be done with it? What about later, when we want to drive to a park? Do they go get our car for us? And again when we drag ourselves back at midnight...are they still available to deal with the vehicle? In case it isn't obvious, I have never used valet parking:laughing: .

Valet is just that, they'll get your car and park it as many times as you want. They'll hand you a paper tag that you need to keep to retrieve your vehicle, hand that same tag to an attendant when you're ready to leave.

I cannot be bothered to park my own car, so I only use valet, even in NYC, where valet is in the neighborhood of $60.00 a night, I cannot be bothered.

Tipping is a hot topic, but there are two general consensus on when to tip. Some tip both the person parking the car and the person retrieving it, others just when they retreive it. I do the latter, as they are returning the car to me in good order, but to each is there own on this one (even websites that recommend tipping are often split on this).

Really? We do have TIW and AP's!
Has anyone done this at a resort, non DVC hotel using TIW? We have ressies for Citricos and usually self park, which is a pain at the GF.

Yes, TIW or DDE does work for valet parking if you are eating. We have done it at Poly. We had been valet parking all week using our DVC card, we pulled up at Poly and they said they didn't accept DVC, and explained the rule. Luckily the very nice valet pointed out that DDE did get free parking for dining. It worked. You do have to bring your receipt from dining to the valet stand after you eat.

Matthew

We ate at the GF and had the DDE card for the meal. When we checked out of our villa, there was a $10 charge for valet parking at the GF for that day. We showed the front desk the DDE card and they removed the charge. So you may have to check your bill before you leave to make sure they didn't charge you for valet parking using DDE/TIW.

Hi All,

If we have ressies for breakfast at a BW restaurant and are not staying on points do we still receive free valet parking? I think the answer is no, but I am trying to plan out the morning...Wanted to dine at Spoodles before Epcot opens and then enter through the International Gateway. Is this possible?

Another point you are kind of bringing up in your post is in regard to going to Epcot while parked at BW.

Where are you staying?
At BW, you would be allowed to park at BW and then go into Epcot after breakfast leaving your car in the BW parking lot, but it does not sound like you are.
If you are not staying at BW, whether on site at WDW or off-site, then you are not allowed to park at BW and use BW parking to go to the parks no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter