• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valet Parking Question

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
Or, rather, a valet parking tip question.

When visiting someone in a large hospital in a large city and using the valet parking, what sort of tip is expected? I've never used valet parking in my life, but for this instance I might so do want to give a proper tip to the driver.

Maybe 2 or 3 when they take the keys and another couple when they return the car.

Maybe 2 or 3 when they take the keys and another couple when they return the car.

Oh, I didn't think of tipping both times so that's good to know. :) I just assumed I would tip when the car was brought back to me. But it could be a different person each time so tipping both times would be better. Thanks.

$1 in and $2 out. We always let the driver know an approximate time that we'll be back. This way they don't bury the car in the back if we won't be long.
My husband valets all the time in Manhattan for work and uses this method with success!

At the hospital where my mom is getting treated, it's $10 ($5 with a handicap placard), and the sign says no tips. Otherwise, I tip $1 or $2 drop off, $2 or $3 pick up.

I valet park at my Dr's office (not a hospital). There is no fee with ticket validation and they have a sign that says no tips. You can self park, but it's a couple of blocks away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter