• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valet Parking at Contemporary for purposes of walking to MK

tigger1972

Mouseketeer
Me, DH, DS7, and DD15months are heading to WDW in June. We are staying at BCV (not DVC owners, just paying rack rate).

The one and only thing that I REALLY hate to do at WDW is to fold up the stroller. Ours is the big, heavy kind, which I very carefully and artfully load up with all our "stuff".

We love BCV because walking to Epcot is great! Driving to DHS or AK is fine for us too -- we have never had to park so far away that we truly needed to fold up the stroller and use the tram.

But getting to MK is another story. I just hate having to drive to the TTC, fold the stroller, take the tram, unfold stroller, stand in line for the Monorail (which broke down last time and we had to reverse and go to the big ferry!), get on the monorail (tight squeeze with the stroller!), and then finally walk into the MK.

Even when we have been lucky enough to park close enough to the monorail station to avoid the tram, the shear amount of TIME it takes to do all these steps, esp. waiting for the monorail, really stresses DH out each time we go to the MK. We have actually started spending less of our trip there.

Two years ago, we stayed at CR for a weekend and LOVED being able to walk to MK. I know that you cannot self park at CR just to be able to walk to the MK.

But what about Valet parking, just for the purposes of avoiding the time/stress/hassle of the TTC "adventure". It would be worth the expense for us.

Is this frowned upon? Can we just drive to CR, tell the gate attendant we want to Valet to walk to MK, drive to the valet stop, unload all our stuff, and then walk to the MK? Can this be done now at BLT to save a few steps? And what is the cost? Any time limits?

I would love to hear anyone's experiences in doing this.

Thanks!

Parking at any of the resorts to gain access to the theme parks is not allowed. If you could park at certain resorts to make park entry easier (CR for MK or BCV for Epcot), there wouldn't be enough parking for guests actually staying at that resort.
We bought a lightweight stroller that fully reclined (for naps) to take to WDW for our grandchildren; not heavy or hard to collapse for the buses.

Valet parking at CR to walk to MK should be fine. Tell the valet you plan on leaving the car all day. As long as they say it's okay, you're good. But there's no valet at BLT only CR.

The PP is correct when it comes to self-parking, but that is not the case for valet unless the valet staff specifically tell you that you can't do it.

Oh - you will have to tell the guard at the gate that you're heading for the valet parking.

Me, DH, DS7, and DD15months are heading to WDW in June. We are staying at BCV (not DVC owners, just paying rack rate).

The one and only thing that I REALLY hate to do at WDW is to fold up the stroller. Ours is the big, heavy kind, which I very carefully and artfully load up with all our "stuff".

We love BCV because walking to Epcot is great! Driving to DHS or AK is fine for us too -- we have never had to park so far away that we truly needed to fold up the stroller and use the tram.

But getting to MK is another story. I just hate having to drive to the TTC, fold the stroller, take the tram, unfold stroller, stand in line for the Monorail (which broke down last time and we had to reverse and go to the big ferry!), get on the monorail (tight squeeze with the stroller!), and then finally walk into the MK.

Even when we have been lucky enough to park close enough to the monorail station to avoid the tram, the shear amount of TIME it takes to do all these steps, esp. waiting for the monorail, really stresses DH out each time we go to the MK. We have actually started spending less of our trip there.

Two years ago, we stayed at CR for a weekend and LOVED being able to walk to MK. I know that you cannot self park at CR just to be able to walk to the MK.

But what about Valet parking, just for the purposes of avoiding the time/stress/hassle of the TTC "adventure". It would be worth the expense for us.

Is this frowned upon? Can we just drive to CR, tell the gate attendant we want to Valet to walk to MK, drive to the valet stop, unload all our stuff, and then walk to the MK? Can this be done now at BLT to save a few steps? And what is the cost? Any time limits?

I would love to hear anyone's experiences in doing this.

Thanks!

If you tell the gate attendent you are there to valet park to walk to MK, you will be most likely turned away. If you just pull up and ask directions to valet parking, you may get away with it.

There is a three hour parking limit at resorts where you are not staying. This has been in effect for years.

You might want to ask this on the transportation board. If I recall correctly, this is allowed. The cost is $12 plus tip. There is no time limit for valet and I think that you only pay the fee once for use the entire day. Double check behind me! :thumbsup2

It is not "allowed" but rather it doesn't seem to be actively prohibited. Since you're paying for parking, there is no financial aspect to it, and since you're not taking up a self-parking spot, you're probably not taking a space away from a hotel guest who needs it. So the most prominent reasons why people shouldn't park at hotels for parks access are not applicable. I've never read of a case where Disney has towed a car from valet parking because it didn't have a parking pass, or had a three hour pass that had expired.

We self parked at the GF for dinner reservations and then went to the MK afterwards. The car was fine and the guard didn't tell DH about a time limit. The next day we valet parked at the Poly, spent the day at the MK and returned at park closing. Valet parking is good for 24 hours. We did it because my DS was on crutches and it made things easier to avoid the TTC when going to the MK.

I agree with Deb that I wouldn't tell the guard you are going to valet for the purpose of going to the park. But unless there is some extenuating circumstance (convention, limited valet parking, etc.), the valet staff doesn't really care where you're going.

And I still don't think it's prohibited at the valet, as some are saying, but I just wouldn't want to deal with the potential hassle factor with the guard.

It is not prohibited, it is not 'frowned upon'...well, perhaps by those here, but most certainly not by valet CMs or those working at the resorts in question.
I have asked at several valet stands if it is permissable to pay to valet park and then go to the parks. The answer has always been yes. I have also asked inside the resort, at the front desk. I have been told, every single time, that you are not supposed to self-park and then head to a park, but you are more than welcome to pay for valet parking and go anywhere you choose.

You are not taking up any spaces from those paying to stay at the resort. You are not avoiding paying for parking fees at the parks. IF there is something going on at the resort that would fill the valet lot, then you may be told that valet parking is not an option at that time. Then you will have to head to the park lot and park there.

But really.....it is just fine to pay to valet park at any resort and then head to a park. I have asked.

I'm not the OP, but I am very interested in this for my own reasons. I live an hour from WDW, and plan to attend MNSSHP in October. I also want to take my DD to Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella. I do not have a park ticket nor do I have passes. I will ONLY have the MNSSHP ticket. So, I could valet park at GF, do the dinner, and then monorail to MK for the party? And I could do this even if I decided to do CRT instead of the other dinner? DD has never been on the monorail, and wants to. So to me, its worth it to valet there once so she can ride the monorail without it taking a ton of time out of our short visit.

I'm not the OP, but I am very interested in this for my own reasons. I live an hour from WDW, and plan to attend MNSSHP in October. I also want to take my DD to Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella. I do not have a park ticket nor do I have passes. I will ONLY have the MNSSHP ticket. So, I could valet park at GF, do the dinner, and then monorail to MK for the party? And I could do this even if I decided to do CRT instead of the other dinner? DD has never been on the monorail, and wants to. So to me, its worth it to valet there once so she can ride the monorail without it taking a ton of time out of our short visit.

Those who park at the Ticket & Transportation Center (the designated parking for the Magic Kingdom) have to take either the boat or monorail to the park entrance.

Right, but if I am at the GF for dinner, I don't want to park there, have dinner, then move my car to the parking lot for MK. That's a lot of wasted time. If I can go to the resort for dinner then leave the car there while I do MNSSHP, even though I am not a resort guest, I would rather do that. I was assuming I could not park there other than the time I am there for my dinner. This info about valet parking makes my night easier.

sterre - the answer is the same. If you want to valet park, you can.

(But the post below suggesting TTC - monorail to GF - monorail to MK - monorail or boat back to TTC is what I would actually do.)

Right, but if I am at the GF for dinner, I don't want to park there, have dinner, then move my car to the parking lot for MK. That's a lot of wasted time. If I can go to the resort for dinner then leave the car there while I do MNSSHP, even though I am not a resort guest, I would rather do that. I was assuming I could not park there other than the time I am there for my dinner. This info about valet parking makes my night easier.

You and everybody else! :lmao:

We did this exact thing when we did the last Pirate & Princess party in 08. I even called the GF to see what we could do. We were told to park at the TTC, then monorail over to the restaurant, then on to the park when we were done with dinner. See? TWO trips on the monorail. A value added benefit. Then you can take the monorail back to the TTC at the end of the night. You're up to THREE monorail trips.

And it wasn't that big a deal.

i think that you should do whatever you can to make your visit enjoyable and stress free!!
personally my boys lOVE to ride the shuttle so even with two strollers we would do this.
i have no idea why anyone on diss would pass comment on laziness, fairness blah blah..... as i think it wouldnt effect me in any way that you pay even more for parking as i do, in order to be able to walk!!!

good luck and i hope you get the stressfree entrance you desire! x
:santa::santa:

Absolutely. As long as you are paying to valet park, you are fine. Self-parking? Not so much.
If you change your mind and don't eat at the GF, I would valet park at the CR. Then you can take the monorail all the way around the lake before getting to MK. Then, after the party, you can either take the resort monorail back to the CR, or just walk via the sidewalk that runs between MK and CR.
Without being at a WDW resort, you are going to have to pay to park in any case....you may just as well valet at one of the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter