• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valentines Day

This year we are going out for a meal, no idea where as my fiance has booked it! Ww dont usually bother with presents but we do exchange cards but we are saving for our wedding this year.

LeCras said:
We never buy each other presents for Valentine's, we just go out for a meal instead. This year we're going to a two Michelin star restaurant in Cambridge, since we'll be there for our IVF treatment. We're not sure exactly what day everything is happening yet, so in theory it's possible we might "conceive" on Valentine's... :blush:
Charlotte

Fingers crossed for you Charlotte, Good luck!

:wizard: :shamrock: :wizard:

Jodie

We will be in Devon for half term for Valentines Day, and hope we can find a nice restaurant but they could be too busy as we have not booked.

I have already given DH his present as I combined it with his birthday present when I got him a watch a couple of weeks ago.

I have asked DH to get me Paul Mckenna's CD flying with confidence as I would really like to be able to enjoy the flight to Amsterdam when we go at Easter and of course WDW when we go in October.

It would be nice though to get a surprise next week. However I would be surpised if he remembers to pack a valentine's card!!!

Hope you all have a great time especially Charlotte!

Susan

I got a valentines card this morning from .....
Walt Disney World

roses are red
violets are blue
for your part in the magic
we'd like to thank you

to disney travel agents
how sweet :love: :love: :love:

Well, it's half term so we'll be doing a 'threesome' (myself, DD and DH) somewhere, in the daytime probably :thumbsup2
Last year we were at WDW and had a meal in the PepperMarket :goodvibes

DH says could I please get his Batman watch mended for Valentines Day......... :rolleyes1

DD (7) has gone to school armed with her 'secret' Valentine card this morning :love: Hope it goes ok for her... :rolleyes:

Im a single Mum,so me and my 3 and 1 year old are off to a Valentines party at Wacky Warehouse 4 - 6 PM.Beats staying in feeling sorry for myself.
Have a great day everybody,

Lynn

I got a lovely card, a bottle of pink champagne (Tom knows me so well :teeth: ) and a heart shaped pendant.

minnie29uk said:
Im a single Mum,so me and my 3 and 1 year old are off to a Valentines party at Wacky Warehouse 4 - 6 PM.Beats staying in feeling sorry for myself.

Lynn

Ah Lynn, you sound just like me and Florida Sun (sue) :rotfl2:

minnie29uk said:

Lynn

Bet the party was great fun :thumbsup2
We're off to TGI Fridays - if I can get us in for around 2pm :wizard:

I just had a dozen red roses delivered too! DH is working today so I am preparing a meal for later, DH's favourite food and have put a bottle of vintage champagne in the fridge.
Happy Valentines everyone.

Some lovely gifts received :goodvibes anybody else had lovely gifts today?? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yes, I got some nice pms from a single friend :goodvibes

Hi

My dh left me some roses and a letter. We never seem to buy valentines card. We either make them or write a letter. It would be much easier to buy a valentines card :lmao:

We are not going out tonight to celebrate, as we have 3 children and no one really wants to have them on valentines, which is fair enough. So we are going to the pub on Saturday night for a meal and a drink.

What did I get for Valentines??? A lesson in not believing men when they say we're not getting each other presents this year because we can't afford it! He didn't even get me a card last year so I believed him, woke up to a present next to me on the pillow!! A specific piece of underwear I'd spotted in the Disney store bless him. Of course I've now had to spend my afternoon running around trying to make him something, finally got it sorted - phew! I'll tell you all later as he occasionally reads this board!

I'm cooking steak in cream and brandy sauce with new potatoes and green beans tonight :)

DW is supplying the dessert!

Also have a nice bottle of Asti as well.

And to top it all - DW is getting a new tumble drier tomorrow! :banana:

Goofyish said:
I'm cooking steak in cream and brandy sauce with new potatoes and green beans tonight :)

DW is supplying the dessert!

Also have a nice bottle of Asti as well.

And to top it all - DW is getting a new tumble drier tomorrow! :banana:

Sounds fantastic Tim ~ Your DW is certainly getting spoiled :goodvibes

We aren't doing card's and pressies this year either, saving up to get married next year instead. But I did get David a small glass heart from a little trinket shop in Meadowhall. I put it in his lunch box as a surprise, just hope he didn't try to eat it :lmao:

I had some lovely flowers and some craft stuff (which DH had also used to make me a card!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter