• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valentine's Day card

alyssathegrand

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm currently waiting for my boyfriend to come pick me up for dinner (and for my fingernails to dry after repainting some of them - you can see that some of my nails are missing polish in the following pictures :confused3) and in the meantime, I thought I'd share his present!

I decided to pay for a Keys to the Kingdom tour for the both of us. I don't think he even knows this exists so I'm super excited to "give" it to him!

tumblr_njs8qxREH11t1ttueo1_400_zps1unmukab.jpg

I decided to just do a card. This is just a piece of cardstock folded over with two strips of glitter paper glued on. The middle was cut out with a rotary cutter but I'm still learning how to use that, so it's a little rough.

tumblr_njs8qxREH11t1ttueo2_1280_zpslnlouzzk.jpg

This is what the card opens up to! The keys at the top were hand-drawn and cut out of cardstock, and are attached to the card using a cut-up velcro Command strip. I wanted them to be securely attached but still able to be removed. The velcro strips aren't super bulky, either. The text was obviously handwritten as well.

tumblr_njs8qxREH11t1ttueo3_1280_zps7azl3clk.jpg

The other side of the card. You can see how rough the circle cut-out is on this side. Eesh. :/ I'm learning, though.

I made the Mickey head using my rotary cutter (these turned out much better) and free-handed the crown, then cut it out of the same glitter paper that's on the front of the card.

tumblr_njs8qxREH11t1ttueo4_1280_zpspyzzv2tj.jpg

The whole interior of the card.​

All in all I'm pretty happy with it! I made this in less than half an hour so I can't really complain. I wish the circle lines were cleaner and I'm not 100% satisfied with the crown, but other than that I think it looks pretty good for being able to piece it together so last-minute. I've had health problems and have been in the hospital for the last few days so it was nice to be able to have something physical to give to him.

I had this idea before reading Courtneybelle's trip report for her sister's sweet 16 (they did this tour as well), but I loved the idea that her mom had of actually making key cutouts and putting it in the card so I borrowed that from them!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter