• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Valentine’s Day

I wondered what was going on, first time going and we’ll be there wed, Thursday Friday and then the following Tuesday. Is the frozen show like finding Nemo and the lion king in Disneyworld and which park is it at if I have time lol
Frozen has a broadway musical feel to it. Haven't done Nemo, but it's not like Lion king where you sit all around and the show is in the middle. It's in DCA near Guardians of the Galaxy.

Just wanted to report back about our visit yesterday for Valentine’s Day. It was busy but not really bad at all considering! No where close to as slammed as the parks look today just looking at the app, yikes!

Lots of little picture frame props around the parks to take cute Valentine’s photos. We ended up staying in DCA all day because DL looked busier.

We rode Monsters, Toy Story, Jessie’s carousel and Little Mermaid before noon, then had lunch at Craftsman Grill (formerly Whitewater Snacks). Their nachos are killer and huge. My son and I split one order.

I had originally wanted to have lunch at Craftsman Bar so we could sit outside because it was such a nice day but they were doing REALLY loud construction across the way... like painfully loud like they were cutting through metal. I have no idea why anyone was sitting out there.

After lunch my 5-year-old wanted to go to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, which worked out great as the baby ended up falling asleep in the carrier for a bit. It’s so nice and shady and relatively quiet/calm in there. My son ended up playing for almost 2 hours in there. He was having a blast. I had to bribe him with ice cream from Clarabelle’s because I needed to go to the bathroom, lol. Clarabelle’s was doing some fun Valentine’s offerings including Valentine’s Day sprinkles, which my son was over the moon about.

All in all it was such a great day! I’m so glad we went. I was worried about the holiday weekend crowds but it looks like the bulk didn’t show up until Saturday.

F110FA63-98E5-468E-8F50-1C0EC78AD8A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to report back about our visit yesterday for Valentine’s Day. It was busy not really bad at all considering! No where close to as slammed as the parks look today just looking at the app, yikes!

Lots of little picture frame props around the parks to take cute Valentine’s photos. We ended up staying in DCA all day because DL looked busier.

We rode Monsters, Toy Story, Jessie’s carousel and Little Mermaid before noon, then had lunch at Craftsman Grill (formerly Whitewater Snacks). Their nachos are killer and huge. My son and I split one order.
I had originally wanted to have lunch at Craftsman Bar so we could sit outside because it was such a nice day but they were doing REALLY loud construction across the way... like painfully loud like they were cutting through metal. I have no idea why anyone was sitting out there.
After lunch my 5-year-old wanted to go to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, which worked out great as the baby ended up falling asleep in the carrier for a bit. It’s so nice and shady and relatively quiet/calm in there. My son ended up playing for almost 2 hours in there. He was having a blast. I had to bribe him with ice cream from Clarabelle’s because I needed to go to the bathroom, lol. Clarabelle’s was doing some fun Valentine’s offerings including Valentine’s Day sprinkles, which my son was over the moon about.

All in all it was such a great day! I’m so glad we went. I was worried about the holiday weekend crowds but it looks like the bulk didn’t show up until Saturday.

View attachment 474069

I was wondering how your day went! I’m so glad it wasn’t as crowded as we were all anticipating. I checked the app yesterday, and the wait times looked pretty good.

Just wanted to report back about our visit yesterday for Valentine’s Day. It was busy not really bad at all considering! No where close to as slammed as the parks look today just looking at the app, yikes!

View attachment 474069
How adorable!! Can confirm park was slammed today lol. Had a great time still! It’s mainly due to the holiday and all of the groups there.

Monsters Inc has a 70 minute wait and no fastpasses left. I mean I know adding FP will increase the standby line but DANG. Note to self: avoid presidents weekend next year!
This was my first President's day weekend. I may skip on next year lol.

And yeah I used a fastpass for Monsters Inc this morning and the standby was 25 minutes at 10:30am...normally it's like 15 minutes on a typical Saturday at that time.

We went to WDW on Presidents’ Day and spent the following week there, and I don’t remember it being insane. Although we weren’t there the Saturday before!

Ski Week is usually crazy -- it certainly was very busy last year! Combine Valentine's Day, Presidents Day Weekend, and Ski Week? Busy, busy, busy...

Wait times are nuts today and even Splash Mountain is out of fast passes. You were so smart to go Friday!

I posted on another thread! But Monsters Inc was 2 hours earlier today!! That's insane!

Small World is out of fastpasses too! I only ever see those run out around Christmas and capacity days
When all the FPs are gone by 6:00... 😱😱😱😱😱

I’m just thinking of this Wednesday when we were there in the afternoon and most rides were a walk-on, immediate FPs available for everything except four rides, non-existent line to meet Minnie at 3:45...

What a difference four days makes?!:
(idk why it’s sideways, but that’s Minnie’s “line” halfway through her set and you get the idea.)

When all the FPs are gone by 6:00... 😱😱😱😱😱

I’m just thinking of this Wednesday when we were there in the afternoon and most rides were a walk-on, immediate FPs available for everything except four rides, non-existent line to meet Minnie at 3:45...

What a difference four days makes?!:
View attachment 474390
(idk why it’s sideways, but that’s Minnie’s “line” halfway through her set and you get the idea.)

They were all gone at Disneyland by 5:10. That’s when I checked. So crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter