Vacuum just broke. Any suggestions for a new one?

Tink9295

Mouseketeer
My 10 year old vacuum finally bit the dust. :rotfl2: Actually I'm thrilled. It's been limping along for years. Finally I get to buy one this weekend.

This one is a Kenmore canister, one of their better ones. I would like to buy another canister vacuum or stick vacuum. I have mostly wood floors with a few area rugs. I also have a black lab that sheds. I've been looking at the Dyson Animal for a while but they're expensive. Is it worth it? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I also have a mostly harwood/laminate floor house with a few rugs. Just got the Shark® Rotator™ Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum. It works as an upright or a canister vac, and is easy to use on stairs. I love it. If you choose to buy it, the best deal on it is from Bed Bath and Beyond with their 20% off coupons. It's $250 everywhere, but with the coupon you save $50.

I would suggest that you NOT get an Electrolux. We had one for about 18-20 years but when it died the new one has lasted only 4-6 years. I read that the original Electrolux company sold their brand name to someone else. It is not the same vacuum. I'm looking for a new one in the very near future also. :(

We had poor luck with Dirt Devils. Went through 3 in a few years and then picked up a really cheap Eureka that's been going strong a LONG time now.

I just got a new Kenmore vacuum, I really like it. It's a Kenmore Progressive Canister (its purple). Its the entry level Hepa filter one. I paid about $250, I had some rewards points.

ETA: I have all hardwood floors and area rugs, it transitions very well, and works well on the hardwood.

We looked at Riccars and other expensive brands. We ended up going with a Hoover Platinum and it is really nice. It does a very good job. It has rubber wheels so I can use it on hard floor as well.

My3Princez I also have a mostly harwood/laminate floor house with a few rugs. Just got the Shark® Rotator™ Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum. It works as an upright or a canister vac, and is easy to use on stairs. I love it. If you choose to buy it, the best deal on it is from Bed Bath and Beyond with their 20% off coupons. It's $250 everywhere, but with the coupon you save $50.

I second this! It's such a versatile vac.

I also have a mostly harwood/laminate floor house with a few rugs. Just got the Shark® Rotator™ Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum. It works as an upright or a canister vac, and is easy to use on stairs. I love it. If you choose to buy it, the best deal on it is from Bed Bath and Beyond with their 20% off coupons. It's $250 everywhere, but with the coupon you save $50.

I just got one from QVC and it's great! It came with all kinds of extra attachments and it's lightweight. I had just vacuumed my floors 2 days before I used the Shark and I was amazed at how much dirt this vacuum picked up!

Well, consumer reports rates the LG Kompressor LuV350P ($400) the best upright bagless. The Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120 ($130) is next on the list. The Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70110 ($130) is tied in ratings with the UH70120.

Now, consumer reports does not test every one that is on the market, so there are cleaners that might outperform these. But, you can't go wrong with any of these 3 according to the consumer reports.

Bought a Dyson Animal on Black Friday to replace ours which was in our flooded home. DH was dying for the Animal.

It does work very well. We put in all tile floors after the flood. DS has 6 guinea pigs. It does a great job with the hair. I love how easy it is to empty the canister. Really like the way the onboard tools and hose work. Many reviews complained about how it is heavy. I see what they are saying in a way, but it maneuvers very well. I love the way the suction will pull something that isn't in the direct path into it.

The Animal complete comes with some extra tools that were worth it for us. Love the upholstery tool.

MinnieLovesMickey12 said:
Kirby. That's what I have. They will last you about 20 years before you have to replace it.

This. They aren't flashy or sexy, but Kirby will fix stuff that goes wring as long as you have the vacuum. And it works very well

Love our Dyson. It isn't the Animal - it is an older model. I think we've had it over 8 years now. Best vacuum I have ever had for sucking up dog hair.

I've had some really high-end vacuums, but it's my shark I've like the best.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have a rainbow. It has great suction power. You do have to put water in it every time..kind of a pain, but the dust/dirt does not go back into the air. Ten year warranty. Expensive, but I'm happy with it.

We just replaced our 10 year old vac a couple of months ago. Thought hard about a dyson but couldn't swallow the price. Ended up with a Shark Rotator and I love it! DH did all the vacuuming for years with our old vac and now I *want* to vacuum! We both do it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter