• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacuum Available 4 spacesaver bags?

ctblubird

Earning My Ears
Hello
Just wondering if anyone has used the spacesaver bags for packing and if the resorts have a vacuum available when leaving?
Thanks!

The thing to remember with those is that they only remove air. If you attempt to overpack a suitcase because you have the room, you are more than likely to go over on the weight limit.

I know some of the villas have vacuums but I am not sure if they would allow you to elsewhere.

I use those type of bags. I use a vacuum at home, but at a hotel, I roll it up & make my husband put all his weight on it to remove the air. It's almost as good.

The vacuums that might be in the rooms (all DVC rooms have a vacuum for example) don't have any hoses.

You can buy spacesaver travel bags, that you can roll the air out of (or squish the air out of), I got some of those for our upcoming trip so I haven't used them yet but I think it's much easier for travel vs. having to borrow a vacuum from house keeping.

You can buy spacesaver travel bags, that you can roll the air out of (or squish the air out of), I got some of those for our upcoming trip so I haven't used them yet but I think it's much easier for travel vs. having to borrow a vacuum from house keeping.

Yep, I use this type too. Got them at Target. Easy to use.

I have used the super sized Ziploc bags for this purpose as well, mainly because once I put the dirty clothes in them to travel home, I don't want to put clean clothes in them for another trip, and it was cheaper to dispose of the Ziploc bags than to dispose of the travel Spacebags.

The roll up space saver bags are awesome. They help with space but also keep things air/water tight in case something opened up. You can get a 20 pack on Amazon for less than $25 and no need to use a vacuum.

2 issues pop up when people have asked this before.

The vacuums that most hotels have do not have hose attachments and its super easy for your bag to get over weight.

My friend gave me a package of these, but it's only a 2 pack. I was thinking of getting more but then afraid of being over weight. I'm usually just on the edge of being over!!

Thanks so much for your help. I didn't know they make roll up type bags and I didn't think about the weight issue!

In my experience they are a benefit when traveling to colder climates. Down or thick coats, snowsuits and other " lighter " yet bulkier items are best for these and makes a difference. Once I used these for king pillows ( live overseas) and saved tons of space.
Again weight issues. But best for bulky, but light stuff ( stuffed animals, coats )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter