Vacation Village at Parkway

landi

all shiny and new
Does anyone have any experience with this resort?

We're staying in an 'A' suite with a full kitchen and jacuzzi.
The rate was awesome so we couldn't pass it up.

I just hope my rash decision wasn't a bad one...

So far only good reviews on tripadvisor...

Any tips? :confused3

As mentioned in the other thread, we stayed there and enjoyed the stay very much. The room was very large and well maintained and we would not hesitate to stay there again as long as it was not a partial kitchen room since we enjoy using the jacuzzi tub after a day in the parks and the smaller rooms dont have all the amenities as the larger rooms.

I took some pictures of our unit. If your interested in seeing them then pm me your email address and I can email them to you.

We stayed there in July in the smaller unit. I didn't have a problem at all with the partial kitchen and smaller unit, but you don't have that issue to deal with. I did get to look through the bigger unit (thanks to the maids) and it was nice.

The pools are not "outstanding" water park type facilities, but they are nice pools. I went to the "internet room" one day and had no problem getting a computer to check my email and it was fas service. I don't think they internet access to the units (at least fast service), I never thought to ask (even though I did take my laptop).

The front desk was always accomadating, but we had no MAJOR issues. I will say the A/C didn't work right in my unit and I had maintenance there three times. The temperature in my room stayed a steady 62 degrees. I enjoyed it being cool, but my daughter about froze!

Many people here feel they need to avoid the partial kitchen unit like the plague, however, it worked out fine for us. We eat a good bit in our rooms on vacation, but I don't "slave over the stove". We were able to cook cinammon rolls, biscuits, bacon, sausage, grits, etc without a problem. The kitchen (even though a partial) was very very well stocked and efficient. The microwave is a combo convection oven that worked great for baking things. It does not, however, have the jacuzzi, which would have been nice.

I don't believe you will regret your decision, and if you got a great deal it makes it doubly nice!

We loved it there - stayed in May in the B unit and was fine. The partial kitchen was no big deal at all.

Only maintenance item we had was the safe didnt work. No big deal, we were refunded the $$ for it.

Only dial up access in the rooms, but at least the local calls are free.

Staff was very nice as well.

Have Fun!!

thanks so much for the responses! I feel a lot better about the decision.

We stayed there in August. We had both the A & B sides of the unit.

We had a great time and would not hesitate to stay there again. There is a good Publix grocery store and many restaurants close by as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter