Vacation Village at Parkway, Kissimmee

wishicouldgomoreofte

Mouseketeer
My daughter is checking into a 1 bedroom there on July 26.
Any recommendations for buildings? Anything to stay away from?
Any warnings or be aware?
Thanks in advance

It has been a while since I stayed there - but it was pretty nice. now when I stayed there was no grocery store - so she would have to go to Celebration (Publix moved their grocery store) to get groceries. which is across the street (okay a few miles back). no restaurants - but there are some within walking distance.

guess it depends upon what she wants - I like being near the front easier to get out - think there is still the walking park (forest) between it and the other place that i don't remember - it is a nice walk - but if they are going to WDW - just try to get something close to the entrance/exit. there were some villa that had firework views - but think those were only for their members.

It has multiply pools.

It has been a while since I stayed there - but it was pretty nice. now when I stayed there was no grocery store - so she would have to go to Celebration (Publix moved their grocery store) to get groceries. which is across the street (okay a few miles back). no restaurants - but there are some within walking distance.

guess it depends upon what she wants - I like being near the front easier to get out - think there is still the walking park (forest) between it and the other place that i don't remember - it is a nice walk - but if they are going to WDW - just try to get something close to the entrance/exit. there were some villa that had firework views - but think those were only for their members.

It has multiply pools.

Thank you, Spiceycat. I will suggest to her the "near entrance". That is not something I had thought of.

OP how did this work out for your daughter? We are staying here later this month - would love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly if there is anything. We are arriving very late so I'm hoping to avoid the pushy timeshare people here that I've read about.

We stayed there last summer and it was fine. We found the location very convenient, on I-Drive right next to I-4, with a huge Publix just down the street and many restaurants in the area. The better restaurants, in Celebration, are just a few minutes away.

We had a one bedroom, and it was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The buildings are typical high-rise condo-style, which is not my favorite, but they were fine. There is ample parking, but you might have to walk 100 yards or so to your car. No parking fee. Staff was very friendly, responsive, and helpful. I think there was a one-time "resort fee" of $25, but not sure about that.

It's a timeshare, so you will be offered a "free breakfast" which is really a timeshare presentation. The people who try to lure you into those "free" things are called "body snatchers," but the guy I spoke to was very nice and low-key. He asked, I said, "No thanks," and he said, "Enjoy your stay." I don't know how their presentations are -- some companies are not too bad, others are horrible.

But if you want to buy a timeshare (ANYbody's timeshare), don't buy from the developer. You can get them for practically nothing in the resale market.

Enjoy your visit.

We stayed there Dec 2014, and are staying the again this coming December. Its a great location. Close to disney parks, groceries and restaurants.

posted before in finished. See next post

Last edited:
We stayed there in December 2014, and are staying there again Dec 2015.

We stay in the two bedroom units which are huge. Very spacious, clean, good pool. Zero entry and a splash pad.

We stayed in a high number building. Further back but newer buildings. No issues with parking. Easy timeshare talk, not too high pressure. Been thru way worse. Free breakfast for the entire party. We had 10 ppl across two two bedroom units. And a $100 visa gift card. Guide was friendly. Skipped tour as the room was the same as ours. Best price in the talk is the last person you will talk too. If you are interested. Say no to the person who gives the tour. You will hlget better pricing at the end.

Location is great. Close to disney parks, groceries, restaurants and outlets.

Had no issues. Staff were great!!!

In the plaza just to the west of the main entrance is Little Italy italian restaurant. Good family place. All entres under $20. Close to hotel. Not a bad option off site. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter