Vacation Tips for Women! :)

Here's something to bring up for women only. How do you get your feet ready for summer, (ie sandals or flip flops)? I hardly ever wear socks, (normally panty hose to work) and normally I am barefoot at home. My heels are a hot mess. Not bleeding or anything, but not attractive. I look at DH and his looks like baby feet.:mad: Anyway, I can't wear socks to bed as they can't even be covered with a sheet. I don't get pedicures unless I am traveling. What do you do to keep your heels looking awesome?

Here's something to bring up for women only. How do you get your feet ready for summer, (ie sandals or flip flops)? I hardly ever wear socks, (normally panty hose to work) and normally I am barefoot at home. My heels are a hot mess. Not bleeding or anything, but not attractive. I look at DH and his looks like baby feet.:mad: Anyway, I can't wear socks to bed as they can't even be covered with a sheet. I don't get pedicures unless I am traveling. What do you do to keep your heels looking awesome?

Check out Pedicure in a Bottle by Miss Oops. I use it religiously and it works great!

Is it just a cream? Do I put it on every night or day time? Is it greasy?

Yes, it's just a cream... it exfoliates and moisturizes, and you don't wash it off. I don't find it greasy at all. The bottle says to "apply twice a day until you can no longer sand furniture with your feet, then once a day for maintenance", LOL! I typically apply it once a day, just after I get out of the shower. Sometimes if I need to, I'll apply some just before I go to bed.

How about bathing suits? I am a 14/16 and I don't want to make grown men cry and scar babies. I am a true hour-glass figure with a little extra going to the bottom. I have heard Lands End will last a long time, what are your thoughts?

I'm the same size and I got one last year from Lands End which I've been pleased with, but I got a 2-piece mix-and-match (long top/shirt style so it doesn't show belly skin and skirt-style bottom) this year from LL Bean and I was very happy with the support the pieces have. Much sturdier, and feels more conservative (not like it's all hanging out there so much). Mostly I recommend going 2-piece because the problem I run into is having to go up a size to fit my bottom and then the top ends up too baggy. Plus then it's easier to go to the bathroom! :)

At the start of spring I always go get a pedicure, and get one about every 5-6 weeks until the cold weather starts and I put the flip flops away. The tools and things they use make my heels soft all summer. If you don't want to go regularly, even if you go once they can remove all the dead skin off the bottom of your feet and then you can use store bought tools and creams to maintain it. Sally's has a great line of exfoliating scrubs to use in the shower and creams to use after the shower. They also sell mini pedicure tubs and gel you squirt in it to soften up the skin on your feet. Then you can buy a foot file and callous remover there and use those after soaking your feet. All works great!

When I get out of the shower, I always put some kind of mint or peppermint cream on my feet from Bath & Body Works. Sometimes I'll use the chapped hands remedy cream from Bath & Body Works on my heels because it's very moisturizing.

I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme. It makes your heals as smooth as a baby's bottom. I keep it in my nightstand and apply it right before I get into bed. It is a rather thick creme so it is best applied at night. I guarantee that in less than a week, your heels will look much better.

I am a huge fan of Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme. It makes your heals as smooth as a baby's bottom. I keep it in my nightstand and apply it right before I get into bed. It is a rather thick creme so it is best applied at night. I guarantee that in less than a week, your heels will look much better.

Thank you!

Do I have to wear socks to bed? Or does it soak it up quickly?

Thanks for sharing this... I'm going to look into it! I had never heard of it. Does it feel like a tampon in terms of comfort? I googled it and many of the cons I've seen says it's messy to take in and out, I'd presume because it doesn't absorb just collects. Do you find that too? Do you need to buy a new one every month or is it reusable?

Your right it collects AF, but with a wonderful seal that holds more than the super plus tampon....I used to have to vist the restroom with AF every 2 hrs, and with a cup, I can go 12 hrs, even swimming. it is reusable, most of the cups are medical grade silicone, this means you can boil it to sterilize it after cleaning.

It is more comfortable than a tampon....it doesnt absorb so you don't get that dried out feeling.. It's also more hygienic...I was always paranoid that any time I went to the bathroom I should change "things" to keep them tidy....and with the cup there is nothing to get caught on "things. The insertion and removal DOES take a learning curve and I wouldn't recommend using it for the first time while traveling but once you learn how the cup fits your body (how to angle it during insertion and with removal) its awesome. Its rare I have to reposition it in a public restroom, if I do I just take a package of baby wipes and a bottle of water in the stall with me (bottle of water to rinse the cup, wipes for my hands) I did have a few messy withdrawls at first but then as I got better at it, the "cons" have minimized. I believe that the Diva cup manufacturer recommends a new one after a year, but may women on blogs/ message boards have used theirs over a year without problems. I've had mine a year this month, and I may purchase another in case mine starts to show wear, but I'm keeping the old one as backup.

I will never go back to tampons. :woohoo:

Thank you!

You will not need socks. Let me know how that works for you. I just bought myself a new tube of foot creme. I love that stuff!

My sister and my mother both have this problem because they both wear mules all the time (which leave heels very dry). They use Kerasal and have had great results. My sister's heels literally crack and she's had to had one crack glued back together it was so bad. Anyway, this cream keeps them in good shape. You can find it at any drugstore. I also use the Pediegg which I find is a good way to soften feet at home. Like PP said, though, I start each summer with a pedicure and then get them as I go on vacation.

Thank you!

I like Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme too but I think it's too greasy to put on & not wear socks for a while afterwards. I've tried it a couple of times in the morning, when I was going to wear socks anyway. As long as I don't put it on my toes, this works fine. If I rub it over my toes, they feel slippery all day. I've also used it earlier in the evening so I can take my socks off before bed.

Apparently I am just FULL of questions for you fine ladies.

What kind of sunglasses do you recommend? Do you go cheapo or spend some serious cash on designer. Where do you buy them? :cool2:

Okay I just used my burts bees coconut foot cream, will see how that works out. Okay sunglasses I have had the expensive $200 + glasses by Maui Jim but the ones that I like the most are the foster grants that my DH bought me at Walgreens go figure.

As someone who both had sunglasses break (pair 1) and lost a pair on the Maelstrom (pair 2...and oddly enough I happened to glace at the boat number so I was able to tell someone and get them back) Don't take your expensive ones!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter