Vacation Strategy

We rented from Vacation Strategy in June and would not hesitate to rent from them again. I'm not a friend or family, so no reason to give a positive review other than it is well deserved. So not a scam.

I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.

Are you sure you don't have a reservation? The reason I ask is because I didn't get my confirmation until about 10 days out. As soon as VS gave me the confirmation I called Bonnet Creek and my reservation was there. Maybe you're just not in the system yet.

I can't speak for anyone else,but I won't be dealing with them now-was considering it,but I'll take my chances with the ol' sit 3 hours thru a timeshare presentation,get a discount rate,and a couple of free tickets to boot!I read a lot of posts on this board"praising"this company,but I have been sceptical about them from GO! Thanks for the heads up-Sorry you got taken.If I were you,I would put someone on their backs to get the money back.If you paid with credit card,have the charges disputed!! Push come to shove-cancel the trip and reschedule if you can.Sorry again.:(

Thanks Don that's sweet. I have contacted Wyndham but their is nothing they can do... Which I knew. I read the praises also and was excited but like the gentleman told me from Wyndham how do you know those people are real people lol. I am still surprised but need to move on and figure out what we are going to do next. The kids don't realize it so I guess that's all that matters. Its just put a damper on our first trip to disney. :worried:

Are you sure you don't have a reservation? The reason I ask is because I didn't get my confirmation until about 10 days out. As soon as VS gave me the confirmation I called Bonnet Creek and my reservation was there. Maybe you're just not in the system yet.

OH no I am positive i don't have the reservation the manager at VS hung up on me and wont return any of my calls. Its just a mess.

I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.

unless you sent them an envelope full of cash, I'm thinking that either your credit card or paypal would be willing to take up your cause. If you used a credit card, i have found that in disputes with merchants, the credit card companies will often go to bat for you.

It really sucks what has happened to you, and it poisons the well for everyone else.

That is what I thought as well but it appears that it is VS who is saying they dont have a reservation. That being the case I cant understand their reticence to refund the deposit for a non existent reservation.

They are also LLC because it protects them as a company incase of loss. Even if I wanted to go to court or they disappear in the wind I have no chance of getting anything.

That's unfortunate. We had a minor issue with them in that we were told it would be no problem to change our dates by one night, but when we did, we were then told that the night wasn't available for a 4br presidential, which is what we had for the rest of the week. We bought our plane tickets based on their information, so it wasn't like we could change the dates back. At any rate, 24 stressful hours later, the folks at VS were bending over backwards to accommodate us and offered to refund our deposit in full if we weren't happy with the resolution. The contact was great throughout the situation, and we received multiple phone calls to make sure that we were okay with how things worked out. I'm sorry that things didn't work out similarly for you.

That is what I thought as well but it appears that it is VS who is saying they dont have a reservation. That being the case I cant understand their reticence to refund the deposit for a non existent reservation.

I have the receipt but I noticed on the receipt it says its from infusion soft.... not vacation strategy.

That's unfortunate. We had a minor issue with them in that we were told it would be no problem to change our dates by one night, but when we did, we were then told that the night wasn't available for a 4br presidential, which is what we had for the rest of the week. We bought our plane tickets based on their information, so it wasn't like we could change the dates back. At any rate, 24 stressful hours later, the folks at VS were bending over backwards to accommodate us and offered to refund our deposit in full if we weren't happy with the resolution. The contact was great throughout the situation, and we received multiple phone calls to make sure that we were okay with how things worked out. I'm sorry that things didn't work out similarly for you.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you.... It seems to me that if you have a presidential villa you are fine from what people are saying. Thank you

I have the receipt but I noticed on the receipt it says its from infusion soft.... not vacation strategy.

A quick google search shows that company as a simple 3rd party billing company. They have all the software set up to collect cc payments for small businesses who have a web presence but not a full accounting solution.

Not a problem. Don't worry.

I am still really confused about what actually happened. When I made my final payment at 50 days out, VS immediately sent me a receipt from them. Less than an hour later, I received a confirmation from Wyndham with my name on the reservation. Yes, I booked a 3bedroom presidential. What I am not understanding is the timeframe and your booking. I saw your earlier post dated 11/1 saying that you were inquiring about Disney discounts b/c you needed to change your plans. Did you pay in full at the time of booking because you were so close to your arrival date? Is VS still working on getting you a reservation?

If VS does not refund you aor honor your reservation, you absolutely can file a credit card claim and will likely be comentpsated. Credit cards are usually very good about protecting customers in such situations. I would definitely file a cc claim if this does not work out.

I will say we had NO official confirmation from Wyndham at all before arrival but called VS and they explained that our Rez would not be in the system until a couple days before arrival even though we had made final payment. This was a little unsettling because it was not what was in the paperwork. I was not too worried based on positive reviews here. the day before check in or maybe even the morning of, I called WBC to be sure our reservation was in the system correctly and it was. We had no issues at check in.

Still not sure about your complaint concerning Vacation Stategy.

Based on your receipt stating it is from a different company ...
is Vacation Strategy ... even involved?

Bottom Line ... so sorry to hear your Vacation Planning ...

has been disrupted ... sincerely hope all goes well.

A couple of days ago, I paid the $150.00 deposit for my May trip and the email I got from them said the balance is not due until I get the confirmation from Wyndham, which I should get 10-20 days prior to arrival. Did you go ahead and pay them in full, even though you didn't have the confirmation from Wyndham?:confused3 I know they are not getting my money until I get that Wyndham confirmation and know I have a reservation.

That's what I was thinking. According to my receipt I should be getting my confirmation from Wyndham 10-20 days out from arrival, at which time full payment to Vacations Strategy is due. You're not supposed to pay anything other than the $150.00 deposit, until you get your confirmation from Wyndham.

My quote had infusion soft, but after I paid the deposit I got a receipt that has Vacation Strategy on it with all my info (dates, rate, amount paid, amount due, their names, and how to contact them by both phone and fax, if I have any questions).:confused3

they took my monies and did not hold up to their end of the deal. I contacted BBB they have many complaints.

First I would like to say just because a company has an A- doesnt mean that they are a bad/good company you have to read on how they rate the complaints.

The company has an A- rating with BBB and hasn't had any complaints in the past 3 years. That's zero complaints.

They are also LLC because it protects them as a company incase of loss. Even if I wanted to go to court or they disappear in the wind I have no chance of getting anything.

There haven't been any complaints regarding VS. Assuming everything yo posted is accurate you should have no problems getting a credit card chargeback.

A quick google search shows that company as a simple 3rd party billing company. They have all the software set up to collect cc payments for small businesses who have a web presence but not a full accounting solution.

Not a problem. Don't worry.

Thank you

I booked through them the week of Memorial day and had no problems. The only thing that made me nervous was that I didnt receive my reservation information until 1-2 weeks before my arrival date. However I did call and speak with them and it appears that is normal. (There were many threads that discussed this)

There haven't been any complaints regarding VS. Assuming everything yo posted is accurate you should have no problems getting a credit card chargeback.

Lewis,
everything I have posted is accurate if you would I can't show post my receit that it was paid in full and the monies never made it to Bonnett Creek like they should have. I really don't appreciate your posts again and again that what I am saying is not correct. This is our first trip to Disney my girls are 8 and 9 they are very excited i had a reservation all in place but this company contacted me and wanted my business so I cancelled my other reservation that we have had for over a year now and went with them now I am back to square one. They took my monies and now still not paid back as of today. The gentleman with the company VS hung up on me wont return my calls. So now I have to come up wiith another 2000.00 dollars to find another hotel room...... At this point I am going to have to tell my girls we can't go. I have been saving for this trip for over a year. So really at this point the last thing i need right now is you telling me assuming what you are saying is true IM TELLING YOU THIS COMPANY TOOK MY MONIES AND NOW WE HAVE TO CANCELL OUR TRIP DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WANT I DON'T GIVE A RATS *** WHAT THE BBB SAYS. I have done nothing but cried all night long... its going to break their hearts. not to mention mine. so thank you for all the great support

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter