• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Pool Homes

sprmom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone could help us out. We (myself, DH and 2DDs) are heading to WDW for two weeks this summer. Has anyone rented a vacation pool home for their Orlando/Disney vacation? Is there already a thread for this? Who did you book with (property management company)? What should we look for? Where do we want to be (Davenport, Clermont, Formosa Gardens, etc.) Any help at all is helpful. Thanks so much!

We have rented in Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms. They are sister properties with Hills being newer. We rented from an owner on www.vrbo.com. They have condos, town homes, and homes. We loved the 3 bed 3 bath town-home with a splash pool. You can search for your dates and price range. I'd stay near Formosa Gardens which is close to these two properties. They are within 10 min drive to all parks. Davenport I believe is 30-45 mis away from Disney. Best of luck :)

We've stayed offsite quite a bit especially around Christmas time using Gemstone Properties. We like them because they have a fairly small inventory and treat you like family.
We have stayed in the homes called: The Gem (fantastic location!), The Oak Tree (good location but needs new beds), Sunrise (good location), Sanibel (good location), Golden Pond.
We find Davenport is too far especially after a long day at the parks. Formosa Gardens is good and there are lots of rentals also by the Super Walmart on 192.

I just booked ours through VRBO at Windsor Palms (near Formosa Gardens). If you're interested in Windsor Hills, there is windsor hills rent.com where you put in what you're looking for and the owners send you quotes. We enjoyed our townhome (3 bed3 bath) in Windsor Hills with the splash pool too. We got ours for $100/night if that helps you compare. I find prices at WindsorPalms to be a little lighter than Windsor Hills.
I too would recommend this area. It's so close to everything and so many gated vacation communities to rent in.

We have rented in Windsor Hills...from Oasis vacation home...liked it so much we are renting the same 5bdr house this time too!

heavenlyholidayhomes.com/

This is what we use, Marcy takes care of everything, she is great and prices are good

We rented a 3 bedroom town home in Windsor Hills last August. We booked through VRBO with the owner. We went the first day the rates dropped in mid Aug and we paid $85 a night. We LOVED it, and the kids really enjoyed the splash pool, plus the large community pool was wonderful too! Nice and close to DW and also close to lots of restaurants, etc.
I'd def recommend Windsor Hills!

http://www.livinthelifevacation.com/

These are people that live in our area and own the home they are renting. I don't know them personaly, but good friends of mine do, and only have good thigs to say about them.

We are looking into possibly renting it if we do a large family trip down there.

My family and my sister's family are headed there in 10 sleeps! It is a first for all 9 of us and we are super excited. We have booked their home (livinthelifevacation) for 2 weeks. This family has been so amazing to deal with and I have felt totally confident working with them.

~Danielle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter