• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Planning Kit

Hippychickali

DIS Veteran
I got my free Vacation Planning Kit from disney.com and haven't stopped watching the DVD yet. I would just like to rave about it, if you will. I find that it is very useful and is much better than their videos from other years. It is quite lengthy and gives you many options. With the DVD, you can go through each resort one by one as well as several attractions. My favourite part was going through the maps and hearing Mickey's editorial comments. I would suggest getting this video if you are planning a trip or if you are dreaming just like me. The kit also comes with a couple of booklets. The whole package includes a lot about Magical Gatherings for those travelling with eight or more people. Some people had commented that they didn't like the kit because it was all about Magical Gatherings but I didn't find that at all. MG only took up about 15% of the entire content. Anyway, it gets my recommendation.

Ali

I agree.....we don't have a trip planned until Sept, but when I get bummed that is still 6 mos away, I watch the dvd and it gets me all excited for out trip again.

I requested mine a week and half ago, still waiting for it to arrive.
It definitely helps you get into the mood for Disney.

I requested mine about two weeks ago, and I still haven't gotten it. I hope it comes soon! I'm so excited, but I'm certain the DVD will only help. How long does it take to get the DVD from Disneyworld.com? I'm just curious. I'm just anxious for mine. Enjoy your trip everyone! I know I will.

Kristin

I too ordered my Planning DVD and just COULDN'T wait to get it. It finally came about 3 weeks after I made the call!!! It is SOOOO worth it (just like these boards) it came up with some "new" stuff. I've been to Disney quite a few times from the time I was a kid, then again with the Step Kids and now with a DD of my own (this X-mas will be HER 3rd trip).

Watch your DVD/Video and have a GREAT trip!!! :wave:

I JUST was browsing this thread and then quickly went to Disney.com and ordered my planner! I cannot wait! Thanks to all of you with wonderful ideas. I LOVE this site.
Deb, Sacto. CA

I LOVE this DVD. We ordered it a while back and received it within 2 weeks time, I think we watch it atleast 2 times a week. I just watched it Friday and it sparked me to get the luggage out of the attic even though we have over 30 days left on our countdown. Excited much? lol

I get one every year and it usually takes 2-3 weeks. If you ordered yours in January, re-request one. Each year they add more and more info to those dvds........it also helps to pop them in when the kids are hounding "how much longer....we want WDW!" I push play and they are contented! (talk about spoiled!!LOL!!)
I too love the WDW info dvd--it is a great planning tool.:sunny:

I had to order my DVD about 5 times before I actually recieved it. I ordered in online many times, and when I called to order the DVD showed up 2 weeks later. If it's been more than a couple of weeks, call them up!!:scratchin

I never had a problem getting my kit (came in like 2 weeks). I used it mainly to get my 2 yo son ready and it worked. I thought seeing the characters with kids might help ease his anxiety (it did a bit-really with Mickey). He really liked the monorail and when nuts when he saw it in person (hes a train buff). Also, he recognized the castle and got very excited at that point. Another good character video for kids is the Sing Along Beach Party.

alison

I just got the the planning DVD-it's great !

The only thing I don't like about it is the cardboard case it comes in. Mine arrived looking like it had been through a war-all scuffed up. The DVD I got two years ago came in a plastic case.

It took about a week for me to receive it after ordering it.

I agree about the cardboard case...ours still looks ok, but I'm going to transfer it all into one of the plastic cases that the enless ""FREEE FREE FREE internet" cd's come in in the mail.

BTW, just got the DVD trip planner for the cruises as wel, and it did come in a plastic case! Go figure.

TTFN,
k

Thanks for the review - heading to Disney.com right now to order one - gotta have something to get me through the next 400 days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter