Vacation Planner

fishersman

Earning My Ears
I know some people planning a first time October trip, so the other day I reminded them they have to think about adr's and such as their 180 day window is coming up. They said that the people they made their reservations with will be doing this. From the way the talked, it sounded like a Disney service as they were not worried about any of it. They were asked what the wanted to see and eat and thought they had the inside track so to speak. Is there such a thing? It sounded very official. At least they think so. If so, why are we all wasting our time.

I know some people planning a first time October trip, so the other day I reminded them they have to think about adr's and such as their 180 day window is coming up. They said that the people they made their reservations with will be doing this. From the way the talked, it sounded like a Disney service as they were not worried about any of it. They were asked what the wanted to see and eat and thought they had the inside track so to speak. Is there such a thing? It sounded very official. At least they think so. If so, why are we all wasting our time.

My travel agent does this if I want it (can I mention the name or is that against the rules)

It is a travel agent.

Do they have better access to the adr and fastpass system then the general public, or are they under the same restraints?

I don't know that TA's have access any sooner than the rest of us. We used a TA the first time and she alerted me of the 180 window (I made them instead of her doing it because I knew I'd be switching them up and didn't want to constantly bug her!) I know that those staying CL do get services of IPO, so that may be it.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what that means.

I'm sorry. I get carried away with the abbreviations sometimes in my hurry to answer. :blush::blush: It is Itinerary Planning Office. When staying club level, they will help you with a myriad of things, not the least of which is ADR's (advanced dining reservations)

I don't know that TA's have access any sooner than the rest of us. We used a TA the first time and she alerted me of the 180 window (I made them instead of her doing it because I knew I'd be switching them up and didn't want to constantly bug her!) I know that those staying CL do get services of IPO, so that may be it.

OP did not say anything about them having access early... Just that they would handle it. I was told that IPO can not make before 180 days either.

OP did not say anything about them having access early... Just that they would handle it. I was told that IPO can not make before 180 days either.

I wasn't really referring to that just the post he had regarding if they had better access & who would be taking care if these things for them - just used the word sooner when better was my intention - it seemed the OP was curious as to who this "person" might be attending to these things for them & TAs & IPO's I assumed were who it may be. That's all I meant.

I was wondering that, just forgot to mention it. They may be staying at club level, but I doubt it. Next time I see them I will ask. I just thought it would be unfair that somebody might have access to earlier access to adr's than us folks who do it ourselves. I am hoping that what they have been told happens as I would hate to see their trip go badly. I had just never heard of anyone having someone do their adr's for them for a fee, or part of the hotel reservation process. From what I have read here, I really don't have to worry. Thanks!

I was wondering that, just forgot to mention it. They may be staying at club level, but I doubt it. Next time I see them I will ask. I just thought it would be unfair that somebody might have access to earlier access to adr's than us folks who do it ourselves. I am hoping that what they have been told happens as I would hate to see their trip go badly. I had just never heard of anyone having someone do their adr's for them for a fee, or part of the hotel reservation process. From what I have read here, I really don't have to worry. Thanks!

Actually, it wouldn't be for me or most people that I know who go to Disney...they want to control their vacation! We can be like that! ;);)
I'm sure nobody can do a pre-180 day (maybe a movie star) However...I do know a few who always stay CL, let the concierge office take care of all their ADRS, etc for them. They like it that way. I know once when we were going at the same time, I wanted an ADR and had to stalk the system for a few days to get the one I wanted and they got theirs all the first day via the concierge...may have been a coincidence, but I was hammering the system at 180 out at 6am, so who knows? They never seem to have a problem getting any of the ADR's they want when they stay CL. Like I said may be a coincidence. Hopefully, your friends will have the same luck. I would still be wanting confirmation were I them..I'm funny that way! LOL. While CL seems nice, I still like to pick, choose, schedule my own stuff!

Booked a trip through AAA, and they booked ADR's if I remember. The problem we had, was that they were all in her name. If we wanted changes we had to get her to call/email us back, so we could give her the information. When discounts came out for our stay it took days to get in touch we her to update our stay with the discounts - very frustrating as we were afraid we would miss the opportunity.

Since then, we always book ourselves.

Although it sounds like your friend has a TA, or is staying CL, there is a service out there that does this for a fee. It's crazy, imo. I would never pay for that when I can do it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter