Vacation Planner

disneyworldgal13

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody. I just got accepted for Vacation Planner 2013. I am so beyond excited. Anybody else have this role before? Thoughts and opinions on this role?

Thanks!

Sarah :-)

Hey everybody. I just got accepted for Vacation Planner 2013. I am so beyond excited. Anybody else have this role before? Thoughts and opinions on this role?

Thanks!

First of all, congrats!

My friend just started this role at EPCOT and as far as I can tell, she's enjoying it! You're basically doing ticket sales and one of the better things that I've heard about this job is that the hours are AWESOME compared to other positions. She works like 9am to 3pm/4pm or something, since that's when the windows are usually open. She's finishing up training, so I haven't heard more from her about actual on-the-job experiences, but with the schedule she has, she's already better off than a lot of people!

If you have twitter, she's @LaurenMSL and you could probably DM her and ask more questions. She is on the Dis from time to time, but I'm not sure if she'll see this post or not!

Thanks!

Hello Sarah! Congrats on being accepted!

The opinions I've heard (not to be negative) is that it's a very stressful role, due to the goals and situations you have. Just enjoy your time, as it sounds like an amazing experience to be one of the first interactions with the guests!

Two Vacation Planners I know:

Gabby
Susie

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Hey Sarah,

I was a Vacation Planner at the TTC for the Summer of 2010, arguably the most stressful season at the most stressful park. However, it was the easiest and most amazing experience of my life. The training process is longer that most roles, about a week in the classroom learning the computer system, sales process, and every possible transaction you can think of. Once you get to your location, there is a great system in place to help new Vacation Planners hone their skills.

Yes, there is a sales incentive program (tickets have 'point' values associated, if you meet or exceed weekly levels, you are eligible for monthly prizes that range from gift cards to free resort stays). My experience with this was very positive. There are two types of Vacation Planners, those who stress and try and squeeze every dime out of guests, and those who just want to help the guest by the ticket they will actually need and use, because lets face it, Disney Parks sell themselves. I was one of the latter, I didn't concern myself with the sales incentives and point values, I just focused on my guests, turned out I was the top seller most days in July when the parks were the busiest. If you do not meet the goals, they have Cast Members whose sole role is to help develop you in the sales process. They not only assist the Vacation Planners, but our Cast that work in the Disney Reservation Centers.

As far as hours go, yes,they have better hours than most other roles. A downside though, is that shifts are usually 6 hours. There are opportunities for OT by working as a Park Greeter and helping with PAC (Parade Audience Control) if you are statused to the TTC.

My CP in this role I would say helped catapault me into my current career with the Company, you learn how to interact with people from all over the world, not to mention to Disney Ticket segment, which will help you if you want to get into Guest Relations or Resort Concierge after your program. Talk with your managers early on and let them know what your goals are during your program. Many VP managers came from other Lines of Business and can help you network.

What will make you the most successful in the role will be going to the parks in your off time. Part of the 'sales process' is selling guests on the parks and what you can do inside each of them. Learn what you like, learn what other types of people would like. How would a family with infant kids enjoy the parks versus a Dad and 15 year old son?

Hope this helps!

Hey Sarah,

I was a Vacation Planner at the TTC for the Summer of 2010, arguably the most stressful season at the most stressful park. However, it was the easiest and most amazing experience of my life. The training process is longer that most roles, about a week in the classroom learning the computer system, sales process, and every possible transaction you can think of. Once you get to your location, there is a great system in place to help new Vacation Planners hone their skills.

What will make you the most successful in the role will be going to the parks in your off time. Part of the 'sales process' is selling guests on the parks and what you can do inside each of them. Learn what you like, learn what other types of people would like. How would a family with infant kids enjoy the parks versus a Dad and 15 year old son?

Hope this helps!

I was spring 2011 Vacation Planning at the TTC and this is pretty much everything that covers it. You're trained to do sales properly, to find the best-fit ticket for the Guest, not for your sales information. I also worked at least 40 hours a week because back in my day (grandpa hat) we could pick up PAC shifts whenever we wanted because they weren't Overtime restricted. I'm in Guest Relations now, so there you go- VP definitely helps you with that because of the massive amounts of ticketing experience you get from spending 6 months as a Vacation Planner.

Vacation Planning is a great role- albeit, a misnomer, since people typically already have their vacations planned when they come to you. I had a heck of a lot of fun, but I had a ton of sales experience, and a lot of folks I met who were on the Fall program hated sales, and therefore did not like the pressure of the job at all. To each their own, however!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter