• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Insurance

Kanga1

DIS Veteran
If I book a cruise and add vacation insurance to the initial booking, is the insurance fully refundable if I have to cancel my cruise prior to payment in full? (I booked through DU.)

If I book a cruise and add vacation insurance to the initial booking, is the insurance fully refundable if I have to cancel my cruise prior to payment in full? (I booked through DU.)

I do not think it is as it is a secondary company (i.e. not Disney owned) but I could be wrong. :confused3

I don't know who you got your insurance with, but a little known fact is that most insurance companies will refund your insurance purchase price if you cancel - minus a small administration fee. Last company I got insurance through would charge a $25 fee if you cancel your insurance.

Here is something from the FAQ on insuremytrip.com"

Q. How do I cancel a policy I purchased?

A. All cancellation requests must be made in writing. An email can be sent to customercare@insuremytrip.com to request cancellation.

to top ^

Q. Am I charged a fee to cancel my policy?

A. InsureMyTrip does not charge any additional fees to cancel a policy. However, most insurance companies will retain a non-refundable administrative fee.

The other thing you can do is switch the insurance to another trip. Usually at no cost, unless the cost for the new trip is enough higher to raise the policy price (you pay the difference) or enough lower to reduce the policy price (they refund you the difference).

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter