• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

vacation ideas...help!

jmpaula

Earning My Ears
Hi. We are new to the DVC and want to plan our first trip. We live near to WDW and have been there many times already. This time we want to go somewhere else! Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas? We have 2 kids, 5 and 8 so we need family vacation ideas. Please help! We can go anywhere!

Thanks!
:)

Are you asking for ideas on where to go using your DVC points?

:earsboy: Bill

yes! Using the DVC points

Didn't say if you have gone to HHI. I'd strongly suggest HHI resort (DVC) with your kids ages, its a wonderful resort and they have many activities at the resort(kids and adults), bikes to ride, shops and dining are incredible on the island(some right at Shelter Cove, beautiful beach and great pool and beach house. We added on points to get the 11 month window for summer, 7 month success depends on time of year, type of accomodation type(more 2 bedrooms). We have gone during xmas week, april school vacation and summer...all great. I have not exchanged with RCI( only exchanged once with Marriott in Williamsburg and it was great-comparable to dvc).

Connears

Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for! I want a family friendly vacation OTHER that Orlando this time. Recommendations from other DVC members where they have stayed and liked it. I was thinking HHI or Williamsburg myself...

Come on over to the "west side". You can use your points at the DVC Villas at the Grand California Hotel at Disneyland Resort. It would be a wonderful summer family vacation!:cool1:

I second HHI!!! Fabulous and good use of your DVC points!! Disney's HHI resort is super family friendly. Loads of activities for the kids and family, great beach, pools and wonderful cm's. We go every summer and my kids just love it there, as do DH and I.

i agree with HHI or Disneyland. Your kids are perfect ages for both.

HHI has a great beach & pools plus lots of fun activities by the staff. Our kids really enjoyed it. They still talk about the campfires and will occasionally start singing - "The Moose, The Moose".

Disneyland is also a terrific trip - very different from DW. We were there last summer. We felt it was much more relaxing since it is smaller. WE enjoyed walking to the parks (no buses).

I would recommend waiting for Williamsburg. It can be very hot and crowded! We went when our oldest was in 5th grade. She had just finished studying Williamsburg in school so she enjoyed it. Our younger twins did not get much out of it - too young.

I don't think anyone said Vero Beach. That could be really convenient for you, depending on where you live. It might seem less interesting since you live in Florida (for example, I can't really talk my DH into a VB trip because we used to live 30 minutes away from VB, even though we don't any longer - he sees it as why would we go there, when we used to almost live there).

But it could be good for an in-state get away - not too far, and still a nice vacation.

How about Vero Beach for a few days? I took my nephew and niece to Vero Beach (nice to live an 90mins away :) when they were a bit older than your kids, and they loved it. If the town and beach don't have enough to keep the kids entertained, the resort certainly does.

Jose

Hi. We are new to the DVC and want to plan our first trip. We live near to WDW and have been there many times already. This time we want to go somewhere else! Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas? We have 2 kids, 5 and 8 so we need family vacation ideas. Please help! We can go anywhere!

Thanks!
:)

Did you buy DVC to stay other than DVC? You may learn that it is much more difficult than the salespeople at DVC say it is. Good luck with finding something else to do.

Sometimes HHI is hard to get at 7 months out, especially if you want the summer times. Trading to RCI can also be difficult and usually not the best use of DVC points.

Where do you own?

How about trading out and going some place in Colorado?? My family loves to go there and the resort in Breckenridge is very reasonable for using points outside of The World. :cool2:

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! We have actually been on 4 Disney Cruises! They are really my favorite! We definitely want to go to Colorado sometime. I am excited to use some of the RCI exchange resorts. Has anyone been anywhere using RCI?

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! We have actually been on 4 Disney Cruises! They are really my favorite! We definitely want to go to Colorado sometime. I am excited to use some of the RCI exchange resorts. Has anyone been anywhere using RCI?

Never traded with RCI, but I did with Interval (I think it was Interval...). Hyatt @ Key West and Coronado @ San Diego. Both trades went fine, and the fine time was had by all!

My room at the Coronado was a standard room, but little is known about the building the Coronado built next door in the 80's... no classic building for me. I got put in the tower, first floor, with a view of a fence, and bushes, with the parking lot behind!! Beautiful room, but it felt like I was in a really nice cave. But since I was there on business (if you call San Diego Comic Con business) and left the room at 7 and came back at the wee hours. I didn't protest too much... I did call Disney and let them know, so they could hopefully let others know about the standard room...

Jose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter