• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation homes

MaMa3Princess

I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous m
since this is the budget board. Can anyone share with me the best deal that you all rented a vacation home. Any tips and pointers for getting a great deal.

First rule: Call the agent in November and book in December for the following summer. We went to Cape Cod a few summers ago. We had to mail a deposit by December 31 and pay the rest in June. I think we spent $1000 to rent a house for a week. It wasn't a palace, but it was perfect for us. It was a ranch with one bathroom, 3 bedrooms (slept up to 6 people), a living room and an eat in kitchen, plus a deck with a gas grill on it and a small back yard. We could walk to the beach. We cooked our own meals and got pizza some nights too. Played lots of mini golf!

We've rented hotel rooms in Southern Maine-has anyone rented a cottage in the York, Ogunquit, or Wells area? and if so, would you pass on your recommendations-I'd love to surprise my family with a summer vacation to Maine this year as we haven't been in 3 summers! :cool1: We used to go every summer, but with adding in trips to WDW, we were busy saving for the last trip-and now I've saved over 1/2 of the costs for our trip to WDW next Dec., so we can definitely afford a vacation in Maine too!! :banana:

We are renting a vacation home this May for 1 week in Orlando@ Emerald Island Resort. We've put down a 350.00 deposit. The home will rent for 850.00/week. This is for a 4 bd/4ba with a pool and 5 minutes from WDW. I think this is a fantastic deal. We are really looking forward to our stay.

Best way is to get in touch with a home owner. :wave:

At least then you know what you are getting.

We love ours and hate leaving it when we come home.
But all good things come to an end, especially vacations :cheer2:

When we rent for Maine (OOB) we book it the day we leave and then they send us a confirmation 2/1 which is due by the end of Feb. For Fla. we rented that last Dec. for this Christmas. We were able to negotiate pool/jac. heat. When we almost got stuck on Christmas and needed a home and had to begin looking all over again in Nov. that year for Christmas week a lot of great owners were willing to give us some great deals because their home was not rented. I guess what I am saying is a year in advance or a month before. :confused3

visit vrbo.com - go to central florida - and you will find hundreds of homes for rent. Also visit http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm for a map to help you know exactly where the rental community is located. Hope this helps.

I am renting a condo is March from Windsor Palms. Deposit is 250 and I am paying 500 for the week for the condo I believe. I think it might be less though.

umaangel00 said:
I am renting a condo is March from Windsor Palms. Deposit is 250 and I am paying 500 for the week for the condo I believe. I think it might be less though.

Now that sound like a deal do you mind sharing where you hear about it?

i actually went to Windsor Hills website and then submitted a quote for owners to contact me via email. Then I wheeled and dealed to get what I wanted. I have a first floor condo. 3 beds 2 baths. 1500 sq feet. big screen tv, ps2 and dvds in every room. Includes games. 1 king sized bed, 1 queen and twins in 1 room. washer/dryer and full kitchen. I can not wait!

http://www.cyberrentals.com/

check out this web site..we have rented our house in the cape from her for several years but recommend that you do it right after the first of the year...This site allows you to see what weeks are available and prices, etc...check it out....good luck.....

Hi, we just went in Aug. 05 had a beutiful house in Rolling Hills right near the back entrance to Disney it had 4 bed 2 masters 2 twin bedrooms an enclosed pool with a hot tub, and its safe to say I will never stay on Disney property again we had a blast - very relaxing - and only $125 a night we went to VRBO.COM and found a home with Floridafivestarvacations.com the house was great, the neigborhood was amazing. and the back entrance to Disney was not crowded at all - still hotter than snot in Aug. wont do that again -I would say a house is the way to go- we did stay for 10 nights so we might have gotten a good deal for staying that long. We have a ton of great memories and lots of great pictures!! :cool1: :earboy2:

umaangel00 said:
i actually went to Windsor Hills website and then submitted a quote for owners to contact me via email. Then I wheeled and dealed to get what I wanted. I have a first floor condo. 3 beds 2 baths. 1500 sq feet. big screen tv, ps2 and dvds in every room. Includes games. 1 king sized bed, 1 queen and twins in 1 room. washer/dryer and full kitchen. I can not wait!

Sorry to keep asking questions but how long did it take you to get book it.?

Thanks everyone keep the tips coming. We really want to do a vacation home this time around.

MaMa3Princess said:
Sorry to keep asking questions but how long did it take you to get book it.?

Thanks everyone keep the tips coming. We really want to do a vacation home this time around.

I've also requested quotes from Windsor Hills, and I started getting responses almost immediately. You could easily find a place and reserve it within a day or 2.

We stayed at a pool home in Windsor Palms earlier this year and we loved it. We have small children, and being able to put them to bed in their own bedroom is WONDERFUL! We loved WL, but our stay at Windsor Palms was much easier. There's a "back-door" entrance via Sherberth Rd. that makes getting to Disney a snap. Alot of our trip times were faster then when we've stayed onsite.

If you haven't already, check out the Orlanda Resort board for more info on offsite accomodations. While this is the budget board, many people here are dead-set on staying onsite and can't offer help in this area.

We are trying to find a vacation home close to Sea World, but can't find community listings for that area--any advice? This is for the first part of our trip, then we will be in Disney for meetings. Thanks!

As far as I know there are no vacation homes near Sea World.

The closest communities are probably about 20 minutes from SeaWorld

These would be
Magic Landings
Remmington
Buena Venturer

These are all within a mile or so of each other

Regards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter