Vacation Homes?

PennyHM

Mouseketeer
For our next trip, I am considering a vacation home. I am looking for information, links, feedback, etc. Anything anyone can provide would be helpful! Thanks!

2/28/01-03/06/01: Wyndham Palace
Next trip: May 2001

DO NOT order from ticketmonsters.com!

Tried that for the first time October 1999. Loved it. No more hotel rooms for us. You probably know all of this but...secure, quiet, nice neighborhoods (some gated), fully furnished, sheets, towels (bring your own washcloths), washer, dryer, cable tv (ask for a house that has 2 tv's if that's important to you), pool (ask for one that's heatable roughly October to April;also, I requested a house that had privacy fencing around the back yard), everything.

In October 1999 we also stayed at Dixie Landings. The "Fall Fantasy" rate was $119+11%. The house had 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, den, living room, bonus/spare room, $119+12%, roughly 2500 sq ft. Me, DH, 6-yr-old DD. How spoiled do you think we got?

But where can I get info on vacation homes? Thanks!

2/28/01-03/06/01: Wyndham Palace
Next trip: May 2001

DO NOT order from ticketmonsters.com!

Hi, we have been many times with kids or grandkids over the last 25 years and any time there is more than two of us we go condo or home...we have had great luck with vrbo.com and the go to central florida...these are vaction rentals by owner and are usually less expensive than the big companies and dealing with the owner has been great...you will see many many homes and condos on this site...some of the big companies have snuck their adds in here because it so successful, so just beware if some has "Multiple Homes" for rent. I hesitate to rec: one or another here but if you want to email us we could be more specific....I don't know when you are coming or how many, but I believe the housing has been greatly overbuilt for rentals (we almost bought one) and you can negotiate a price..I would always ask for the low season rate except at Christmas and see what they say. I am convinced you can get a nice place for under a 100 a night easy, and maybe 80 to 85 is doable....We have preferred condos because the grandkids are still small and we just didn't feel comfortable with the pool just off the deck where little feet could go in a hurry and the water was 5 feet deep..all condos have very nice pool areas...good choice, shop around there are literally thousands of homes and condos close to Disney....you will LOVE it...Ted

We were happy with Premier Vacation Homes, which advertises on this site and offers a discount with the WT1 code. Here is the link to the Premier website.

www.premier-vacation-homes.com/indexpage.html

Here are a few more links from comments about the company from myself and others on the DIS that had good experiences with this company.

http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=79209088&m=150094472

http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=79209088&m=181098751

http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=79209088&m=22409479

http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=12309246&m=47509246

http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=79209088&m=559094264

I'll be glad to answer any specific questions that you have.

'72, '76, '85 offsite
Thanksgiving 1999 Contemporary
Labor Day 2000 All Star Sports
Sept. 2000 MOWC
Halloween 2000 Premier Homes
August 2001 Premier Homes
Thanksgiving 2001 Hard Rock & Holiday Inn Family Suites

I have booked a 4 bedroom home with private pool and 2 baths in a gated community about 10-15 min away from disney for june through Fla. Lesuire, at 110 a night. I cant' wait. I have received the pictures and res. papers. They have a website and you pick your house then call and make res.The website is floridaleisure.com. You may check it out. I have a friend in Fla that did that for me... Good luck with your search.

I booked with Alexander Homes. Their website is Floridasunshine.com. There are lots of houses to choose from and locations. The house I picked is 4 miles from Disney. It sleeps 8. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 living rooms, 2 bathrooms, dining room, kitchen, privacy fence around the private pool, washer & dryer in a gated community. I will be there June 9-16. The cost is $600.00 for 7 nights. Good Luck.

I also stayed at an Alexander Vacation Home this past November and didn't want to leave. It was great. I would highly recommend it; we already have reservations with AVH's for this November!

We LOVED our Premier home. We had a 4BR, 2 bath, fabulous pool. We didn't want to leave either!

tink08.gif

Judie B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter