• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vacation Homes need advice!

Sillyminny40

DIS Veteran
I looked at the lovely vacation homes advertised at this site, so we have those earmarked.
Any other ideas or experience? We have two families and four kids going so we need four bedrooms, a pool and maybe a game room. Tha :wave: nks!

party: party: party: We have only stayed at the disney vacation homes. Heard that homes off site can be also very nice. Not too sure of which ones you have mention.
Ask again this time put the name of one or two you are thinking of staying at. Maybe someone has stayed at one of them. Hope you have a wonderful time. I can tell you about the disney ones only sorry. :love: :love:

Here is a map of the communities and you can see where it is located.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm

The homes you have earmarked email the owners and ask specific questions that you have. They love to talk about there homes so you will not have any problems getting info. Decide what is the best fit that has all the amenities you are looking for.

Then book the home so you do not have to go thru all the steps again if it gets booked. Hope you enjoy your vacatuon. Any other questions just ask. Many on here have rented villas and can tell you just about any thing.

There will a lot of choices. Be sure to check out the prices and amenities on a nice handful for comparison. It can be stressful if you let it, so try and have fun w/ it.

I stayed at an Emerald Island home in december and it was wonderful. We had three families and it ended up less than $100 each/night. I would do it again in a second. Gotta get that free dining in October though so we have to stay onsite. I used www.fhvr.net to find our house. Great experience!
Email with any questions.

Richie

Don't let it stress you. Look at it as shopping. You want the best for your money.

1. where you want to be located

here is a map to help out
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm

2. how many beds, baths needed to sleep every one.

I personally do not like pull outs I like to have a bedroom for each person coming I like to use the couch for sitting and it is hard to do both having to put it together and take it apart. Just not for me.

3. What are the extras you want?

amenities, gated, more quiet area, pool, spa, cany extras you want or need?

Then go shopping. There are wonderful homes to look at and see what you like. Make it fun. You have a budget, now see what fits and go from there. Don't stress this is the fun part.

Just think you still have to pack, go thru the airport, or drive in the same care with the people you do not have to share 1 single room with so there is a bright side to renting a villa. LOL

isla bonita said:
Don't let it stress you. Look at it as shopping. You want the best for your money. ......

......Then go shopping. There are wonderful homes to look at

That's exactly what we do::yes::

And then after I get the choices narrowed down to *my* "Top 5";);), I print off the contenders, and we open a bottle of pre-vacation ...ahem...beverages;), and make our decision. :teeth:

I've seen us "vote" on individual properties, really!!...and in the case of large family gatherings, there's been lots of pitching for one property over another, and various bribes and attempts to swing the dissenters over to their first choice.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I know, we need help :goodvibes
But, it's fun...takes out the stress for me, and that way, everyone feels like they've been part of the decision...(and I won't wind up thinking I'm staying in one of family member's stinky decision!! Like the control, I do;) )

Anyway!!

Be as specific as you want on your wishlist, trust me, there's a house out there for everyone, I think.

Our big things are:
**One level accomodation. My mom has mobility issues, so at the very least, we need a mstr suite on the main floor...followed by:
1) Bedding arrangements, king queen, two twins...etc
2) Location (we don't feel mind heading a little "further out") but this could be critical for you:)
3) Pool/spa/how is the pool heated? And how does the spa work, ie, a traditional "jacuzzi/hot tub" or otherwise?
4) Gas barbeque grill
5) Amenities in the house..has the owner provided those "little extras", ie, movies, PS2, books

Good luck, and rest assured in the properties on the Review Board..after all, they're "Dis'er Approved"!! LOL!!

:sunny:

if you want two "real" master suites - both with king sized beds - go with a 5 bedroom house instead of a 4 bedroom. There are some nice ones in Windsor Hills, which is very close to WDW.

The price difference between a 4 bedroom and a 5 bedroom house is negligible. If you are splitting costs with the other family, you can probably still keep it to $100 per family per night.

And that way, each family will have a master suite and you can spread the kids out amongst the other 3 rooms or use one bedroom for a family/reading/storage room.

Just my 2 cents :)

Good luck! :wave:

HenDuck said:
if you want two "real" master suites - both with king sized beds - go with a 5 bedroom house instead of a 4 bedroom. There are some nice ones in Windsor Hills, which is very close to WDW.

The price difference between a 4 bedroom and a 5 bedroom house is negligible. If you are splitting costs with the other family, you can probably still keep it to $100 per family per night.

And that way, each family will have a master suite and you can spread the kids out amongst the other 3 rooms or use one bedroom for a family/reading/storage room.

Just my 2 cents :)

Good luck! :wave:

I stayed in windsor hills not the home sbut in a town home it was AWESOME!!!!!! cannot say enough good things about it best thing was it was less then 100 night and that was with its own private pool!

DoOrlando.com has vacation homes on sale right now, you should check them out. I've used them 3 times now and I will plug them every chance I get! :thumbsup2

According to mbb, the vacation home properties are reviewed on the Review Board. Could somebody direct me - I am not familiar with that Board. Thanks.

I agree its overwhelming... I'm starting to wish we hadn't thought of staying in a villa... but the thought of coming home from the parks and dangling my feet in that pool has me "shopping"...

but there's so many! And every time I find one I like it's either too expensive, already booked, or off the 27 in Davenport, and I think that's a little too far out to convince DH...

Oh well I'll keep trawling...

Rosie jo don't discount the 27 area as you can use either the sherberth road or the avalon road to get to the parks area fromthose communities on the north ans south of 192 and Champions gate and i-4 for those in the middle and the I-4 from junction 55 from those in the south .

rosiejo said:
I agree its overwhelming... I'm starting to wish we hadn't thought of staying in a villa... but the thought of coming home from the parks and dangling my feet in that pool has me "shopping"...

but there's so many! And every time I find one I like it's either too expensive, already booked, or off the 27 in Davenport, and I think that's a little too far out to convince DH...

Oh well I'll keep trawling...

We worried the first time too - about staying "out" in the Davenport or Clermont area:) I was concerned about it being too far.

And honestly, it isn't. It's easy in and easy out...there are WalMarts, 24 grocery stores, fast food places, it's all there - sometimes within walking distance of the homes.

And the feeling of "more bang for our buck" in terms of home amenities and space, well, that was a good feeling. :goodvibes

Only you know what's right for you - have fun deciding!!

:sunny:

I've stayed in Glenbrook (Clermont) and Windsor Hills. I'd pay extra to stay at WH, but that's primarily because we often take an afternoon break. If I was only making one roundtrip per day, I wouldn't mind staying in Clermont or Davenport nearly as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter