vacation home locations?

kermittheturtle

Mouseketeer
I've been looking into a vacation home for my family of 5 in January and I was wondering what areas are the best for getting to and from Disney. I've been hearing Indian Creek alot . Is that the only good place?I don't mean just the closest but the easiest and if there are resturaunts close by?or grocery stores? walmart? Any help would be appreciated. We will be doing Disney for a few days but we do plan to hit the beach somewhwere (any suggestions?)Also Universal and some other things while were there too. ~Thanks ~

We have stayed at Indian Point twice and have 2 more holidays planned there, we like the area its a mix of vacation homes and normal (couldn't think of a better word) homes. Just 3 mins to the 24hr Walmart and it never took us longer than 10 mins to WDW. It is a lovely quiet area to relax after the stresses of the World!

To the west of Disney - all within 5 - 8 mins drive of WDW :

Sunset Lakes, Oak Island, Indian Creek, Rolling Hills, Formosa Gdns.

To the East of Disney - all within 12 mins drive of WDW:

Cumbrian Lakes, Eagle Pointe, Liberty Village, Indian Point, Lake Berkley.

All of these are great locations and you won't go far wrong. Staying on the East side means you are slightly closer to Universal and to the main shops and restaurants but the west side has some good restaurants as well.

I was looking at a home in the Linfeilds area, is this close by? Has anyone stayed in this area? The price seems really good, $549.00 for the week. I've been going back and forth with my decision on where to stay. Vacation Homes look like the way to go! If Its our first time is this a good idea? I feel like I have to know so much to go to WDW. I checked at staying at WDW but....... so spendy for my family of 5. Vacation homes are exactly what I want and the price is nice too.!!!

Lindfields is next to Sunset.....the homes there tend to be older.

...and less expensive!!!!;)

My husband has convinced me I'm not purchasing the home, just visiting there. I have stayed in vacation homes and loved it. I've not stayed in Lindfields, but have my reservations there next trip.

Lisa,
Not necessarily...some owners take a great pride in their home and supply all kinds of things that can make your stay far nicer. Some owners refuse to devalue their property by offering cheap rates and I totally agree with them.

Further, some older homes are far better kept than some of the newer ones. Some new homes have all kinds of problems with leaks, warranty issues, etc., that older homes don't have.

It's horses for courses. Find out what the house has, if it suits your requirements and is in the location your want. Lindfields is a great location...some folks want to stay there and some folks want to stay in a newer home.

The purpose of my comment was to draw attention to the fact Lindfields is an older community, I didn't mean to be derogatory about it...we actually have some houses there !!

One advantage with some of the older communities is that they are finished so there is no danger of being near a building site.My home is on a community that is now at least 7 years old . It is established , peaceful and a nice mix of str and residential .

JANNYANS, last visit we stayed in a home across the road from your develoment and a little south, Westridge. We thought the location was great, no problem with traffic and just 5 minutes to a grocery. That side of Disney is so much more peaceful!

We've been fortunate to stay in homes that were very well maintained as well as a great value. Hoping my luck holds out.

Thanks FLeisure for the great suggestions on locations.

I just found out my mother-in-law will be traveling w/ us and she won't be traveling to the parks w/ us all days so now I feel like I should stay somewhere at a hotel/resort.What about Windsor Palms? Do you have any reveiws/recommendations? Thanks

Originally posted by Lisa AF
JANNYANS, last visit we stayed in a home across the road from your develoment and a little south, Westridge. We thought the location was great, no problem with traffic and just 5 minutes to a grocery. That side of Disney is so much more peaceful!

We've been fortunate to stay in homes that were very well maintained as well as a great value. Hoping my luck holds out.

As you can see we also have stayed in Westridge quite a few times. Like you, we like the peace and quiet out that way along US 27.

That's why we bought across from Westridge on Hampton Lakes.

MalcomC-- we are staying in Hampton Lakes for our next upcoming trip. Is it easy to get to all the attractions from there?

Also, this is a "family" trip. 8 of are staying in one home in Hampton Lakes. 4 are staying in a home in Emerald Isle(?). Does anyone know how far apart these 2 developments are?

I've been looking into these vacation homes too since mother-in-law may come along end of October and wants to cook, rest, etc.,
Has anyone heard of Leisure Resorts, Orbit One Vacation Villas, Vacation Village at Parkway, Florida Vacation Villas or Cypress Point Grandvillas Resort?

These are just some of the names I've been given to "check out" but it's always better to ask someone who's been there!

lisalu,

Leisure Resorts - I haven't heard of them but checking them out on the web it looks like they are a condo company.

Orbit One, Vacation Village and Grandvillas Resort also only do condo's.

FVV are a good company operating mainly in Polk County. They are members in good standing with Central Florida Property Managers Association.

www.floridacentralvacations.com will put you in touch with the leading companies who offer vacation homes.

Originally posted by kilee
MalcomC-- we are staying in Hampton Lakes for our next upcoming trip. Is it easy to get to all the attractions from there?

Also, this is a "family" trip. 8 of are staying in one home in Hampton Lakes. 4 are staying in a home in Emerald Isle(?). Does anyone know how far apart these 2 developments are?

Hi Kilee,

WDW is about 12 minutes drive away using I-4 and Universal is under 30 minutes. The other attractions and shopping areas being somewhere in between those times.

FLeisure will disagree about those timings but you will find out for yourself how quick it is to get to the parks. Not absolutely sure where Emerald Isle is, I'm afraid - Nigel?

Malcolm,
Emerald Island is a Park Sq. Homes development (!) in between Sunset Lakes and Oak Island on Funie Steed. 5 mins to Disney.

As regards your location to Disney and Universal.....all depends on traffic conditions.....nuff said ! ;)

Hi,Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this area or knows about Calabay Parc? Is it far from Disney? Nice area? Homes?
Debbie

Calabay Parc is on US 27 approx 15-20 minutes to Disney on a good day. The community is built by Lexon Homes who are a good builder.

The homes are pretty much the same as elsewhere and you shouldn't have any problems other than building work at the far end of the community. If peace and tranquility is your idea of a vacation then you need to check where the work is going on in relation to the house you want to book.

Calabay Parc is a nice location and less travelling time than FLeisure quotes from Disney!!!! It is still under construction though, so you may have dust and noise problems depending exactly where the home is.

There aren't many on site facilities, but if it's your first visit you probably won't have time to use any!

Malcolm,
Do you own a rocket ? ;) :D Or have you driven on the Cwmbran Rally round the Orme in less than 3 minutes before ? (My best time was 3mins 6 secs by the way ;) ) :p

I drove from Disney maingate / US 192 turn off today down to Westridge. It took me 15 minutes and 26 seconds at normal speeds ! I've got to go there again tomorrow so will time that as well !

I didn't time the return trip unfortunately as I had to go elsewhere but if you hit the traffic at the wrong time of year it will take considerably longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter