Vacation Club Exchaneges

johnhan

Earning My Ears
We've been DVC members for several years and have always only gone to DVC resorts. Now we would like to explore exchanging for other destinations. We have 150 points/yr at Vero. Can someone please summarize how the exchange process works? Thanks!

:wave:

If you read the member information you got when you joined, you will discover that most exchanges will take a minimum of 160 points, so you might need to borrow from your next use year to make an exchange. Basically, you give MS a range of places and times of year you are interested in, and they tell you when they have an exchange that matches your needs.

We have exchanged to Hawaii, and left our search very open ended. We gave a 6 month window and said we would accept any resort on any island except Oahu. We started our search 2 years out, and got our exchange in 1 week. It made it easy to make the rest of our Hawaii vacation plans, because we were waiting for another timeshare exchange too, and that way we could search for a week either side of our DVC exchange.

johnhan said:
We've been DVC members for several years and have always only gone to DVC resorts. Now we would like to explore exchanging for other destinations. We have 150 points/yr at Vero. Can someone please summarize how the exchange process works? Thanks!

:wave:
If you will search by my user name and for words like exchange, Hawaii, Marriott; you will find a lot of info I believe that will help you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter