Vacation CANCELLED!!!!!

LJC1861

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Suffers from a Tag
The New York airports opened....ever so briefly and I had so much hope that I would get out of here. Then overnight my flight was cancelled for the second time in 2 days. I tried to get through to continental airlines to see what was available for Saturday and was put on hold. the voice on the other end said...." Your call will be answered in 69 minutes." Like a *&^^%%$ fool I HELD!!! I am desperate here! Needless to say 69 minutes came and went and nobody picked up the phone. When I hung up and called again it was up to 125 minutes.

So I have decided to cancel the trip altogether. I planned this trip last FEBRUARY!!!!! I gave up going to all the pin events because I had a trip booked in September!!! Now I kon't know if I'll be able to go at all any time soon because of scheduling at the store and the upcoming holiday blackout.

I know that there are people in this city and world with much more than this to be upset about, and I do feel a little guilty about being so upset, but this was a much needed vacation.

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for listening.

Linda

I am sorry that you had to cancel your trip. It makes me very angry that someone else makes us feel so terrified.
We'll beat it! Look at it this way: Next time you go, you'll have one big, very special reason to celebrate!

Wanda

I understand your anger. This horrible act has effected millions of people in so many ways. I am to have friends visit from Texas next wednesday. We have tickets to tour the White House next thursday. We have been planning this trip since March. I have put a lot of work into it. I've Researched sightseeing options and even took a few trips to DC and Baltimore to check things out. Now the trip may not happen. I am to leave for Disney Sept 26th. If I can't get out by plane I will get there by car. A mortgage has kept me grounded for yet another summer but these terrorists aren't going to do it too.

You're not alone, Linda. Our trip was canceled too but not because of terrorists. I figure it just wasn't meant to be for me right now. I know how ya feel though. I considered this a MUCH NEEDED vacation also...actually a sanity check. :(

I feel very sorry for you. I have a vacation in WDW planned in November. I still plan to go if possible. I think it's because of a stubborn streak in me. Terrorism is not going to make me stop my life.

You mentioned the Christmas black out dates might keep you from WDW. But, with the drop in air travel, maybe they'll let you use your ticket anyway...... There's hope.

Chris

{{{ }}}
I really feel for you. That is so sad, because now we all really do need a nice diversion. :( And nothing worse than cancelling a vacation at the last minute. That is so depressing in itself.
It could have been much worse though. Your home safe and sound.
We don't go until January. Hopefully things will get settle somewhat by then.

I am sorry to hear that you had to cancel Linda. That is one of the best reasons for being a wild driver. I can get to WDW in 15 hours.
My boys went on a vacation with their father last week. the first time in 16 years he has taken them anywhere. but that's another story.......
They were on a houseboat on Lake Mead for 5 days. When they came back to reality yesterday they had a shock. They had no tv or radio, and the cell phone did not work on the lake due to bad reception. They didn't even know about the disaster.
They are supposed to fly home today, but it looks like they won't be flying until sometime next week. The airline said it may take two weeks for them to catch up.
I tried getting them a rental car to drive home but there are none to be found for a one way trip to CT, and Amtrack is booked solid for weeks.
So they are sitting in their room in Las Vegas with no money. And their father...........
Peggie

Dear Linda,

I am so sad and sorry this has happen to you.

I have a trip planned in two weeks, and I want to extend an invitation to come with us. We have a large group of Disney people going, lots of Cast Members and Ex Cast Members and I think you would have a great time.

Think about it. You are welcome to join us.

Darlene

Mickey7811@aol.com

I have calmed down a little but I am still very sad and depressed over all of this.

Jaross---the christmas blackout dates I was referring to are the blackout dates for Disney Store CM's. We cannot take vacation days after November 1.

Darlene--my friend and I are trying to go sometime in October. the problem here is that I am just now being transferred to another much smaller store and the schedule for October is already complete. I am hoping that I can convince my SM that this is a much needed mental health trip and that I will be much more ready to assist in her store if I have a chance to get some rest and relaxation before the holiday season. I am looking at Oct 4-10 at the moment. Please wish me lots of luck that I can convince her.

I know that there is a reason that this trip did not work out for me. I know that there will be others and that I am truly lucky to only have this to worry about right now.

Linda

Dear Linda,

We will be there from September 28 thru October 6, so if your trip works out then perhaps we can meet. That would be so great.

And again, like I said you are welcome to come and join us.

I heard that people in Disney World are having trouble and feeling uncomfortable about having fun. I can understand that

IN two weeks when we leave, I am not sure what it will be like. I just need to be with my friends and I need a little fun.

DArlene

I talked to someone at DL who was told that if they wanted to reschedule their flight, they could go in person to the airport or ticketing office for their airline and have the ticket changed. I would suggest trying that to make sure you don't get penalized for changing it later, since the situation is out of your control, and they are rescheduling everybody at least a week late here. It's worth a try anyways.
Nichole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter