• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VA E-tickets?

wifey

DIS Veteran
I know it may seem a bit of a daft question but....Over the last few years going to Orlando we have always had real tickets for our flights, this year we have an E-ticket receipt how on earth do you use them on both sides of your journey? Do the staff at the VA desk take it to get your details and hand it back each time? Please give me an idea what to expect at the airport with one of these things.. TIA

Can't remember with VA but just been with Delta, they didn't even want any paperwork, just passports. Coming home there wasn't even a check in desk, just screens to do it ourself, entered our booking ref and then had to slide our passports through, after it was done a member of staff came over and took luggage from us. So much easier than the old ticket system.

what i do is print out 2 copies of the e ticket one for each flight.
all you do is hand your e ticket in at check in desk and they will give you your ticket. same happens at dtd check in if you use that!

I always print the page(s) out and keep them on me and hand them over at the check-in desk. Does help me to remember what flight I'm on etc!

I printed off a copy and took it with us to the airport but was not asked for it at check in and just handed over our passports. Didn't use it coming home either (if I remember rightly!) but I would still print off a copy in future and have it with me just in case.....

Ali :goodvibes

They give the e-ticket back to you once you have checked in, and you just need to keep it safe for the return flight. I have done it twice with them now. It freaked me out a bit at first (I like lots of paper!!) but it works fine!

Thanks everyone that has put my mind at rest :thumbsup2

BTW Pooh's-Honey-Pot we loved your TRs :hug: I promise we'll do our best to do ours too with a dining review;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter