V Australia.....your opinion please!

Minnie Sue Oz

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

We are flying with V Australia into LAX in October. This will be our first time with this airline having previously flown with Air New Zealand and Qantas.

Just wondering if anyone has flown with them and if so, your thoughts will be appreciated...................

Cheers

Yep, another :thumbsup2

I'll be able to post after we fly in September, we've bought the ticket through Delta but the carrier is V-Aust

We flew V Australia to LAX in 2009 and thought the service and quality of the plane was excellent :thumbsup2

We've flown Virgin Atlantic ( another :thumbsup2 ) and will be trying out Virgin America on this trip. Big fans. :)

Andona

WOW!!!!

Gotta love all those thumbs up!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks so much everyone! I must say I have not heard a bad report yet.

As there is only 2 of us travelling, I am hoping that the spare seat remains vacant as I believe the setaing configuration is 3-3-3.

I don't really mind where on the plane we are.................I have usually got my head stuck in a book or watching a moooooovie:happytv:

Thanks again..........makes me even more excited now ( if that is humanly possible:rotfl: )

Cheers

I am just going to add another :thumbsup2

And for Virgin America two :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We have flown Qantas before but V was better.

Although we had no problems with either.

another :thumbsup2

Liked them better than Qantas. Better seats, better staff and maybe better food. But I'd fly with them again any day :thumbsup2

I am just going to add another :thumbsup2

And for Virgin America two :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

er.

Disneygirl, I am VERY happy to read that :-). We're flying from LAX to Fort Lauderdale with Virgin America and were hoping for the same level of service that we've had before on Virgin products.

Andona

Since 2009 I've flown with VA to the USA 6 times.

Says it all :thumbsup2

It is a 3-3-3 combo and it is unlikey that there'll be a spare seat. The last few flights I've been on with them they have been very full. You can seat request in advance online and see what comes up. I have had my seat request moved once, but that was when I flying solo.

edited to add you can't select seats on the cheapest fare or maybe cheapest two fares?

Disneygirl, I am VERY happy to read that :-). We're flying from LAX to Fort Lauderdale with Virgin America and were hoping for the same level of service that we've had before on Virgin products.

Andona

Virgin America is awesome!! If I'm booking my tickets 11 months in advance I'll even have the hassle of seperate itineraries and transferring my own luggage just to fly VX!!

If you can afford the little bit extra to main cabin select it's a real treat :)

we loved V aust premium economy
but
syd-lax 10/10
lax -syd 6/10

the cabin crew coming back were, how shall I say it..crap.
And boarding in LAX was like a zoo..every man for themselves, total chaos.Food out of LAX was average, they didnt even set up the bar, and one of the toilets was unusable.

so this year we are flying ANZ premium economy......and ANZ were $600 cheaper at the time.

re V aust, I would hate to fly them economy, the seats and space was TINY!!

Would rather fly Qantas exit row if I had to fly economy.

I would take the Qantas A380 over Virgin every day of the week - I just did return to the US on V in Premium Economy and was pretty disappointed.

The Qantas A380 is really very hard to beat, and Virgin was not even in competition.

Matt

I would take the Qantas A380 over Virgin every day of the week - I just did return to the US on V in Premium Economy and was pretty disappointed.

The Qantas A380 is really very hard to beat, and Virgin was not even in competition.

Matt

I was also very disappointed with PE on V. We went over Economy and back PE and I preferred Ecomomy :eek: Yes, thats right, preferred Economy.

Their business class is excellent! Far exceeds Qantas... by a mile!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from the 3 of us for V Australia economy.

we were seated right near the disabled toilet in the rear which not many people used but we loved -- larger and much less used made it feel like our own private loo.

i personally had a terrible flight but that was due to a fellow passenger or 2, and had nothing to do with crew or inflight services.

i actually found the accomodations in economy quite decent, loved the plane/layout and staff.

staff on our first flight were around with drinks every hour or so and snacks -- although it was a day-time take off.

staff on our flight back were practically non-existent except at food service -- but it was also a night flight and most people slept on the way back. service was great and staff were lovely. i found the plane back to be slightly roomier than the plane there, although both were billed as the same model.

walking through PE to deplane though... kinda wished we had the extra $$$ to upgrade as those seats looked much nicer :)

but it's most definitely a :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 from us.

I loved V, my flights were so empty and had a whole row to myself both directions, they tend to pack the front of the plane and the back was empty.

Also found the staff were amazing in economy

We're going on V for the first time in September after being less than impressed with Qantas last trip. I really wish we could go PE but not happening when we have to pay for 5 seats!

Have flown V Australia a couple of times. Can't fault them. Planes are spacious and found staff to be friendly. I did see a staff member collect a screaming baby from a parent and take it for a walk to calm it down so the parent could get some rest.

Only problem we have had, coming back from Orlando back to LA (with Delta, a sister internal airline), we had to pay to get our bags even though on our tickets all baggage was included. We argued our point with V and they eventually agreed to reimburse us back.

We are flying United over in July only because V was going to cost us and extra $600!!! I would rather spend that money on a new bag. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter