V&A Chef's Table

Dana

Mouseketeer
Going in May for our Honeymoon. Wish to dine at V&A on our first night. Should we try to get the Chef's table? Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Dana

but expensive our meal came to over $400 for the wine pairing and the meal. It is excellent, but we probably would not do it again. For a special occasion it is a very nice present.
If we would do it again, I would skip the wine pairing and go with ONE or two very good bottles. I was a little disappointed with the value of the wines.

I think that the regular V&A is a better deal and more romantic.

Just one's opinion. Mr U will be along to help you I am sure. He has lots of knowledge on V&A.

:tongue:

I feel like I'm always saying this, but it's true. It really depends on what you look for in a dining experience, as to whether the Chef's Table will be worth it for you or not. If you are interested in food preparation, rather than candlelight and harps, then this is the table for you. If you like talking to the chef and the sous chef and the cooks, while you are dining or in between courses, then you will love this experience. If you'd rather have a quiet dinner, without making talk and asking questions, or without watching lobsters quiver on the counter across from your table, as they are twisted in half while you eat dinner, then you would probably be happier in the main dining room. If the sight of a raw duck liver the size of a football upsets you, then you wouldn't find this table worth the money.
We personally love the Chef's Table, and eat there every time we go to WDW, but we aren't bothered by the quivering lobsters or the huge, raw duck livers. And we really enjoy talking to the chef and the cooks, asking them questions about their job, or about the foods they are preparing. My husband loves to cook, so this is a fantastic experience for him every time we go there.
I will admit to being a bit bothered by the shaking lobsters - not enough to stop me from eating them, of course :) but it did cause me to avert my eyes. But, like I said, we love the Chef's Table. We've only ever eaten here, not in the main dining room. Our wedding reception was in the private room, which is the closest we've ever come to that main dining room atmosphere. I enjoyed it, but it's worth the sacrifice of the romantic atmosphere, and the extra money, to see the glow in my husband's eyes as he watches the cooks go to work on that big old foie gras. This table is definitely our cup of tea, but that's not to say that it's everyone's idea of a romantic night out.
Cheers!
Heather W

Worth it is something only you can decide.

We've dined in the dining room a handful of times and celebrated an anniversary at the Chef's Table once. At both you'll enjoy great cuisine and service. The kitchen is interactive and friendly. The dining room is romantic and intimate.

I'm sure you'll enjoy either.

By the way, we saw no quivering lobsters. If I had, I'd be out of there!:eek:

I have dined at V&A's 4 times, and will be going for my 5th time in 2 weeks!
we like the romance aspect of it, so really am not interested in the chefs table.
I know one day we'll try it, we just enjoy the atmosphere of the dining room so very much !!!

have fun :)

Laura :)

13 days til WDW!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEEEE!!! :) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I guess I'm in the same camp with those who advise the main dining room for the first nite honeymoon dinner. The "quiet elegance" there seems preferable to the general hub-bub of the chef's table area.

I think the Chef's Table is the very best place to dine in Orlando; however, if romance and quiet are your preference steer clear of Victoria and Albert's kitchen. If it's food and fine wine you are interested in and love to chat about it with the chef and sommelier, the Chef's Table can't be beat. Either way, it will be a special and perfect place for a first night honeymoon dinner. Have fun!

I agree with the other posters that for this occasion you may want to dine in the main dining room unless you have a great interest in a busy working kitchen or food preparation. The dining room is actually very small - only a few tables but they are not right next to each other. When we were there the day after our wedding, we had late seating at 9pm. There were only a few other couples in the entire dining room. It is dimly lit and they had a harpist playing. We felt like the only people in the room! I think we may try the chef's table on a future trip. The meal we had was excellent, and even though the portions seem small at first, we were absolutely stuffed when we left. I have never had a meal like it and I think it was the most intimate dining experience we have ever had!

Marne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter