engle

DIS Veteran
Chef’s Table Menu for Nov. 27th, 2007
With Wine Pairing, listed below the food course

Amuse Bouche
Deviled Quail Egg with Iranian Osetra Caviar
Roasted Butternut Squash Cream (soup)
Alaskan King Crab Flan
Crab Sphere (like a crab cake but in the shape of a ball)
Heidsieck Monopole “Blue Top” Brut Champagne NV

Course One
HUSBAND HAD: Chorizo Crusted Big Eye Tuna with Arbequina Olives and Banyuls Vinaigrette
King Estate Pinot Gris, Oregon 2005

I HAD: Walnut Oil Seared Duck with Hearts of Palm, Huckleberry Vinaigrette
and Fourme D’Ambert Fondue
Lynmar Pinot Noir, Russian River 2004

Course Two
Alaskan Halibut with Celery Root Puree and Carnival Cauliflower
Jumbo Scallop with Roasted Beets and Pomegranate Reduction
Caymus Conundrum, California 2005

Course Three
HUSBAND HAD: Minnesota Elk Tenderloin with Stewed Petite French Lentils and Corn
Prior d’Scala Dei, Priorat 2003

I HAD: Ballotine of Poulet Rouge with Chicken Consomme, Scottish Chanterelles and Black Truffles
Pere & Fils Christian Moreau Chablis 2004

Course Four
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Banana Squash Ragout
Carol Shelton Rocky Reserve Zinfandel, Dry Creek Valley 2004

Course Five
Pan Roasted Foie Gras with Fuji Apples and Mostarda di Cremona
Royal Tokaji Azsu 5 Puttonyos, Mad Tokaj-Hegyalja 2003

Course Six
Tasting of Australian “Kobe” and Japanese Wagyu Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus
Chateau d’Armailliac, Pauillac 2004

Course Seven
Pierre Robert, Monte Enebro, 5 Year Aged Parmigiano Reggiano and 4 Year Aged Gouda (Cheese Course)
Quinta do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Porto 2001

Course Eight
Wild Strawberry Sorbet, Mango-Yogurt Panna Cotta and Miniature Banana Gateau
Paolo Saracco Moscato D’Asti, Piedmont 2006

Course Nine
Tanzanian Chocolate Pyramid, Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle,
Peruvian Chocolate Ice Cream and Puff Pastry

“Celebes” Coffee, Tea and Friandise

We did not take pictures of the food...my husband thought this was tacky and I sort of agreed. We did have Chef Scott that night which was AWESOME. Some foods that I don't like that popped up were caviar and beets. Much to my surprise, both were GREAT. I also had never tried Kobe beef, quail eggs, foie gras and black truffles. WONDERFUL to all!! The wine was all phenonmenal. They were a perfect match to the food and none of the glasses went away with a drop!! We both agreed that the Crab Flan was sort of boring and the crab sphere was too salty. Also, my DH did not care for the tuna, he said it had an olivey taste and he doesn't care for olives. He did however eat it all!! Other than that, we had NO complaints...except that we were TOO FULL!! MERCY, is that a ton of food and wine!! In order, our favorite courses were...

1. The Kobe
2. The seafood course
3. The foie gras for me and the elk for DH.

We also both raved later about the soup....mmmmmmm, mmmmm good. VERY buttery and very garlicky.

I was VERY hesitant to try the foie gras even though I like other types of liver. My DH does NOT however. We both LOVED the foie gras!!

Now, we requested that the banana gateau be served being that this is the only dessert my husband ever proclaimed GREAT or even GOOD for that matter...he's just not a dessert guy. But we both had this this time and OMG was it wonderful. It is now my fave too!!

Salvatore was our server as he was on a previous visit in the dining room!! He is great...even though his accent is so thick and he is so soft spoken that we sometimes cannot understand him!! It adds to the fun for us!

Tips for those of you plannning to go to V&A....
Do the regular dining room first and then try out the Chef's Table.
Do the WINE PAIRING....worth every penny and SOOOOOO wonderful.
Get the Banana Gateau if it is on the menu.
Prepare for a wonderful, memorable evening. I can't stop thinking about it!!

:banana:

I'm jealous..... our Chef's table experience is 2 1/2 months away. :hourglass
My mouth is watering for all of the tasty treats. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal!

Thanks for sharing! YUM! I dined at V&A's for the first time ever in May, and now I wanna go all the way to THE CHEF'S TABLE, BABY!

Thanks for posting!

We also had Sal at the Chef's table and experienced a lot of the same issues -- he WAS very soft spoken and difficult to hear. I thought it was my hearing problem... nice to read it wasn't just me!!

Great job.

Well, I want to say with the wine pairings, the total bill for 2 was around $550. That was before tip. DH couldn't remember exactly....oh wait, lemme git out my menu!!!

Here is the exact price....$175 per person. $70 pp for wine pairing, which I suggest!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter