V&A, anyone?

BeeTheHunter

Earning My Ears
Hello, folks!

I posted my initial question in the restaurant thread, but taking the discussion here.

My husband and I are planning on a trip (WL) September 12-20 (2015) and I would really like to go to V&A, while he isn't quite so keen on the food offerings. As it wouldn't be worth the $ for them to modify the food into something he'd enjoy (if in fact, they could or would), my options are to go by myself, or, see if there are any ladies (or mixed groups) around during that time that might want to go too?

Again, I have no problem at all going on my own, but wanted if there are others out there that are in the same boat as me pirate:

Hi, I probably won't do V&A until 2016, but I'm wondering -- do they really charge extra to accommodate one's food preferences? I've read that others have called with specific requests and the chefs prepared the meal accordingly. Their prices are high enough that it seems it shouldn't cost extra if you request to have certain foods/avoid other foods.

I am a big foodie. i won't take by significant other to a restaurant if there isn't steak (filet or new york Strip), pasta w/meat sauce, fajitas, or a burger on the menu. He may eat something else, but it's unlikely.

Luckily, my best friend and his wife enjoy taking me along on their foodie expeditions.

I hope one day to eat at V&A, and have considered it alone. Unfortunately either finances or timing haven't worked out.

We don't pick our dates this far in advance, but if we go in Sept. 2015, I'd join you!

If I were going then I would have joined you! I'm lucky that my husband loves gourmet food even more than me. V&A cost us a small fortune, but it was years ago and we still talk about that meal! We did the wine pairing and my husband opted for a couple of the up charge options... So, yes, even though it's already expensive, you can spend more! FYI, I didn't ask for any special preparations, but they actually called me a week or two before our dinner to see if there was anything I didn't like or was allergic to. Those items were removed from my menu. The menus are customized with your name at the top.

DaisyDuck - it's not so much that they charge more for modifications, so much as the one item he'd actually like is another $35, so, we'd be looking at close to $200 for him to maybe like a steak - and not much of anything else. They can, of course, do some modifications - but not sure if it would be enough that he'd enjoy the meal, so, it would be a lot to spend to not really know/run that risk. We could take that $200 and spend it on a meal we would both really enjoy.

Benji - keep me posted! I know not a lot of people have picked their dates yet.

Lauren - lucky indeed! It would be better with him for sure, but not if he doesn't enjoy the food. If I can't find anyone to join me, I'm more than sure I'll have a lovely time on my own. :)

Oh, I didn't know they charge extra for steak. With the prices as high as they are already, the steak surcharge seems excessive.

Anyway sorry our travel dates don't match up, but if you go again in 2016, keep me posted. I would have liked to join you at V&A if we were going to be there at the same time. Hopefully you'll find someone else who can join you in 2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter