Using your points through II

sammy823

Earning My Ears
It looks like my wife and I are going to buy at SSR, but I wanted to hear from you guys/gals about using your points outside of DVC. I hear from some of you that you get a better deal through DVC properties. Why is that? I have used my in-laws time share and traded through RCI to great places in Europe. Have any of you gone to the places in Interval International and what were your experiences?

If your going to buy Disney then you should buy it with the intent of taking Disney vacations. It is true that can exchange through II for a fee and only certain properties. Also you give up a lot of points for it. Personally, if I wanted to take a vacation outside of Disney I would rent my points (going rate is around $10 per point) and then just pay cash for whatever you want to do.

Would you buy a BMW and trade it for a ford or buy a new one and trade it for a 10 y/o one. This is the situation with many of the exchanges. While it's an option, the high cost and yearly fees of DVC makes most (but not all) trades a downtrade. Just buy the points you'll use at DVC and other means for the additonal travel. That includes using your parents timeshare exchange options or rentals through II, using cash or possibly buying another timeshare much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter