Using WDW website for free dining

saraheliz

DIS Veteran
Is something wrong with it? Every time I go to special offers and click the sentence that says "Enjoy a FREE dining plan with this great offer"- it goes to the page for a split second and then the whole page disappears and turns white.

Is something wrong with my computer? Or should I notify Disney that something isn't working? Is anyone else having this problem? I'd rather not call to do it b/c I'm really just trying to look at a bunch of dates to see if their are rooms left.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I am having the same problem! I put in my search criteria...it searches for a second, then it goes back tot he original screen with today's date.

Could it be that they are updating the promotion, extending the Canadian FD offer to the US? :confused3 :)

Could it be that they are updating the promotion, extending the Canadian FD offer to the US? :confused3 :)

I don't know, but it's as good a guess as any. It's been doing it since last night- the screen pops up with all the dates and stuff and then it disappears before you can do anything. SO frustrating!

I found that it works fine as long as you are searching dates within the free dining promo period - now through March. If you search dates past the promo period then it goes back to today's date.

Same thing happened for me! They were doing a system update this morning.

I checked online for a RO discount and it was showing availability for the family suite. It wouldn't let me make the reservation so I called and they said their system was down but to try back in 30 minutes. I kept entering my credit card number and trying again for that 30 minutes until I called back.

He said that when they do system updates sometimes it shows availability that is not really true. A system glitch, I suppose. I was so disappointed. He was very helpful and did get me the discount for the first 3 days of a my room only reservation before my free dining kicks in.

I am going bonkers over these discounts and trying to get them~!!! :laughing:

Argh! It's still not working for me!
I'm not even trying to do a search, I'm trying to get to the page before I do a search and it just goes blank white as soon as it loads. Maybe I'll try restarting my computer.

Is something wrong with it? Every time I go to special offers and click the sentence that says "Enjoy a FREE dining plan with this great offer"- it goes to the page for a split second and then the whole page disappears and turns white.

Is something wrong with my computer? Or should I notify Disney that something isn't working? Is anyone else having this problem? I'd rather not call to do it b/c I'm really just trying to look at a bunch of dates to see if their are rooms left.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

The same thing happened to me last night and then again this morning. I couldn't remember the time frame to book, so I thought maybe it was over and Disney just hadn't taken it off the site yet. But even when I clicked on "details" to see what the booking time frame was, it happened with that as well......so I wasn't sure just what was happening :confused3.

I just came here to post the same question. Wasn't working last night and still not today. I am getting the same effect as ya'll are. Guess I will try again later.

This has happened to my wife a lot over the last few months, I usually have her wait 30 minutes in case they are updating the system and if it is still occurring I empty her browser cache and then relaunch the browser. :surfweb:

This has happened to my wife a lot over the last few months, I usually have her wait 30 minutes in case they are updating the system and if it is still occurring I empty her browser cache and then relaunch the browser. :surfweb:

How do you do that on Google Chrome? Silly question, I realize, but I have been able to do it on other browsers but can't figure it out on there...

Click on the little Wrench on the top right of the browser,click on options, then on top left click on under the Hood. Then click clear browsing data.

Click on the little Wrench on the top right of the browser,click on options, then on top left click on under the Hood. Then click clear browsing data.

Thanks for the instructions. I was able to clear the cache but it still didn't allow me to access the site.

Just Installed Chrome and checked. It is an issue with Chrome. White page nothing else works fine with IE and FF I will take a look and see if I can find you a solution with chrome until then try usage a different browser.

It is doing the same thing to me. I have IE not Chrome. :confused3

Here is hoping that they will be releasing new discounts!!!

If you want to access the page until they fix it from the blank white page hit refresh then stop the page loading as soon as you see the images appear. from there all links will work fine.

If you want to access the page until they fix it from the blank white page hit refresh then stop the page loading as soon as you see the images appear. from there all links will work fine.

I was just about to come post that I just had success with this strategy! Yay!!

Odd, when I chose 3 nights it showed the free dining option pop up. However my worry is that if I book it, they'd discover the issue and remove it (probably when I arrive after return plane tickets were already paid for)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter