Using the monorail to get to GF photo shoot

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by diannebryant319, Jan 8, 2012.

1. diannebryant319

diannebryant319 Earning My Ears

Hi Guys!
    I am new to the forum!
    I am having my ceremony at the wedding pavillion on Feb. 3, 2012!
    Pre-wedding I am doing a photo shoot at the Grand Floridian. We set up for a limo to pick me up at our resort (bay lake tower) and take me to the GF but I really want to take the monorail from the contemporary to GF.

My daughter (shes's 14) is my maid of honor and will be taking candid shots beforehand and I thought is would be really cool to go via monorail and get some cute photos.

Has any one done this? Any thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

Congrats and welcome! Although I'm sure it has been done, and lots of folks have wedding party pics on the monorails, it's a bit of a hike in wedding gear from or to the pavilion from GF. I think what I'm reading is take the monorail from contemporary to GF then limo to WP? As long as your photographer is down with it and being on the monorail with other folks doesn't stress you out that could def be an option!

Happy planning!

4. diannebryant319

Thanks so much Sambycat!
    Yes, I wanted to take the monorail to GF for the photo shoot and I have cinderella's carriage taking me from GF to the wedding pavillion.
    I can't imagine taking that hike from GF to the wedding pavillion! lol

I'm just curious if anyone else who has done it ran in to any problems...or if it was a hassle.

5. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

The monorails have been having a TON of problems lately. I was there a few weeks ago and twice had to sit in the station for 20-30 minutes while they performed safety checks or waited for a problem with another monorail ahead. So I'd be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the GF. :thumbsup2

6. diannebryant319

Thanks Lurkyloo! I actually spoken with my planner who said the same thing! So instead we are having photo's taken & it will include photo's with the monorail! Thanks for the info guys!