Using the monorail to get to GF photo shoot

diannebryant319

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys!
I am new to the forum!
I am having my ceremony at the wedding pavillion on Feb. 3, 2012!
Pre-wedding I am doing a photo shoot at the Grand Floridian. We set up for a limo to pick me up at our resort (bay lake tower) and take me to the GF but I really want to take the monorail from the contemporary to GF.

My daughter (shes's 14) is my maid of honor and will be taking candid shots beforehand and I thought is would be really cool to go via monorail and get some cute photos.

Has any one done this? Any thoughts?

Congrats and welcome! Although I'm sure it has been done, and lots of folks have wedding party pics on the monorails, it's a bit of a hike in wedding gear from or to the pavilion from GF. I think what I'm reading is take the monorail from contemporary to GF then limo to WP? As long as your photographer is down with it and being on the monorail with other folks doesn't stress you out that could def be an option!

Happy planning!

Thanks so much Sambycat!
Yes, I wanted to take the monorail to GF for the photo shoot and I have cinderella's carriage taking me from GF to the wedding pavillion.
I can't imagine taking that hike from GF to the wedding pavillion! lol

I'm just curious if anyone else who has done it ran in to any problems...or if it was a hassle.

The monorails have been having a TON of problems lately. I was there a few weeks ago and twice had to sit in the station for 20-30 minutes while they performed safety checks or waited for a problem with another monorail ahead. So I'd be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the GF. :thumbsup2

Thanks Lurkyloo! I actually spoken with my planner who said the same thing! So instead we are having photo's taken & it will include photo's with the monorail! Thanks for the info guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter