• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using someone else's castaway club number

DisneyDadHere

Earning My Ears
I just made my last payment with me TA and all of the sudde. I have a silver castaway club status and passport number on file with Disney even tho I have never sailed before. Apparently a castaway club member has my same name and birthdate and its his passport number and he sailed last year. I called Disney to say that is not me and they are locked from changes cuz I booked with a TA. I had to wait until mid October to book excursions but now when I log in I can BOOK NOW. my TA says to leave it Alone cuz I'll get "perks". But it's someone else's castaway club number on my reservation. Am I ok? Should I leave it alone? Will I run into issues at check in?

I have to say, I was a TA for 8 years and what your TA told you to do very wrong.:scared1: I cant believe they didnt see anything morally wrong with that. Your right, you need to get it fixed. Plus, even if you got "perks" from using someone elses info, it prevents you from getting your own club number and extra perks in the future. This is simply a case of a lazy TA who doesnt want to do his/her job

I'd get the TA on the phone and insist that it be corrected. If not, the two of you will be intertwined from now on and it will be a big mess. Frankly, what the TA is suggestion is dishonest.

If the TA refuses to do the correction, I'd get DCL on the phone and bluntly tell them that the TA is suggesting that you defraud DCL. That ought to get their attention.

Aside from the perks, you will have to show your passport when you check in for your cruise. Don't know what DCL and/or homeland security will do when the passport numbers don't match, but I would really really want to get that taken care of before embarkation.

I would change the TA person or company regardless.
If they are honestly telling you to be dishonest with DCL, then I would wonder what they might be being dishonest with you about.

And a problem at PC with your booking is the last thing you would want to have to go thru.

Ex Techie :)

Could it also be a limitation on Disneys reservation system? Can it not handle multiple people who share the same name and birthday? How are castaway club info handled ? Do y simply give name and birthday to show y r in the club if you don't have your club number available?

Could it also be a limitation on Disneys reservation system? Can it not handle multiple people who share the same name and birthday? How are castaway club info handled ? Do y simply give name and birthday to show y r in the club if you don't have your club number available?

After your first cruise, you are assigned a CC number. From that time on, you are in DCL's system and you don't have to do anything.
I do think that the records system automatically pulls up people by name and date of birth because when I sailed with a group of teens and was doing everyone's on line reg, I put in one name and all his info appeared--he had cruised a couple years before. However, while it is relatively unlikely that someone else would have the exact same name and date of birth, the system must have a way to deal with the situation. You don't have to show anything or identify yourself in any way as a former cruiser--DCL's system takes care of it....at least for 99.99% of us.

I just made my last payment with me TA and all of the sudde. I have a silver castaway club status and passport number on file with Disney even tho I have never sailed before. Apparently a castaway club member has my same name and birthdate and its his passport number and he sailed last year. I called Disney to say that is not me and they are locked from changes cuz I booked with a TA. I had to wait until mid October to book excursions but now when I log in I can BOOK NOW. my TA says to leave it Alone cuz I'll get "perks". But it's someone else's castaway club number on my reservation. Am I ok? Should I leave it alone? Will I run into issues at check in?

Are you traveling with anyone? They will have their own CC number - or should. Is their info correct? Although documents are sent to your TA, did you check your profile? Is the e-mail and address info correct or someone else's? You need to get this fixed, even if it doesn't effect anything to do with your passport and getting on the ship. Image what a mess it would be if you and the actual owner of the number ever tried to book the same cruise. It could happen.

Image what a mess it would be if you and the actual owner of the number ever book on the same cruise. It could happen.

It could happen.... I would have thought chances are the fact the OP isn't the CC number owner with wrong information on their booking is realized first before they ever both get on a cruise at the same time :rolleyes:

Ex Techie :)

I think it's been cleared up as now when I log in I CAN'T book excursions or online check in and my original mid oct date is listed to book things. Not sure why up until my LAST payment (I have been paying monthly) did it generate someone else's CC number and "passport on file Y" notice. Haven't talked to my TA yet, she is prob afraid of me right now cuz I sent her a SCATHING email. Thanks for help everyone.

Wow, I can't believe your TA actually encouraged what is in essence a form of identity theft. Good for you and your scathing email. :thumbsup2

Im still at a loss how this could happen. I'm thinking DCL threw the other persons info on my reservation somehow. No way my TA came up with this idea. (she is not bright enough) .

Im still at a loss how this could happen. I'm thinking DCL threw the other persons info on my reservation somehow. No way my TA came up with this idea. (she is not bright enough) .

It's probably the birthday that did it. It's one thing to have the same name as somebody else but to have the same name AND the same birthday is a rarer incident. The computer probably linked the two together and came up with a CC#. And maybe it didn't happen until now because your namesake only just finished and became a CC member recently.

Most people don't remember their CC number so it's doubtful your sadsack TA would figure it out. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter