using SCRIP

debm

<font color=deeppink>Whose goal is to get the WDW
Has anyone used SCRIP cards from their school to pay for their trip? Just wondering when it is time for the final payment if I can purchase the $1000 cards and use those to pay Disney.

I do but I do it a bit differently. I purchase a card a week thru Dd's school and use it to pay down our trip online... Or you can call in and use the gift card. We also have used them to pay for souvies and food at WDW.

We just did this. We bought 3 $1000 cards to pay off our trip. We had a little left on one to take with us.

Me too. I had a $1,000 card and a bunch of $100 ones. Paid my meal plan at check-in (DVC), went to the park and bought our APs (had one day tickets to apply from prior free dining so it had to be at guest services) and used the rest here and there. It was great!

Our school does the scrip program, love it.

Basically scrip sells gift cards to hundreds of places. Lets use Kohl's as an example. You want a 100.00 gc. You send in 100.00 to the school, they will in turn send you a gc to Kohl's with a 100.00 value on it. You see no difference. But scrip only charges your school 90.00. Your school just made 10 bucks. Each store/restaurant offers different percentages to the school.

We started this 3 years ago at our small, private school. Just got a report end of December, to date the school has made just under $70,000. It is a great way to raise money. And you have that money right away. I buy all my gc's through scrip.

Lisa

I have used SCRIP in the past. Disney pays 2% so on a $100 gc, they give charge the school $98 for the card, then the school keeps about $.80 for the general fine arts fund, and my dd gets $1.20 put into her fine arts account. She has about $400 in there at the moment...she can use if for various things...teeshirts they need for certain concerts, any fine arts (band, chorus, theater) trips, etc.
But....I found several things went wrong the last time I tried to use my gift cards at WDW. When I went to BW to get my room key, after doing online checkin a week before, I tried to give the CM two gift cards to pay for my ddp. Turns out that Disney had already charged me, on the credit card I had given them at online checkin. And it went directly to the credit card, not my room charge!! So, I figured I would just use the gift cards to pay my room account. But, you have to do that just before you checkout. Drove me nuts to have to stop there, at the front desk, the day before I was due to leave, and have them enter each gift card into the system. Took about 5 mins for each card to be entered.

I doubt I would do it that way anymore. Perhaps if I chose not to do online checkin it might work out better for me. Or, I could use them directly when making a purchase.
I did use gift cards to pay for my room at POP though...did that online and it worked very well. I would do that again with no problem.

Our school does the scrip program, love it.

Basically scrip sells gift cards to hundreds of places. Lets use Kohl's as an example. You want a 100.00 gc. You send in 100.00 to the school, they will in turn send you a gc to Kohl's with a 100.00 value on it. You see no difference. But scrip only charges your school 90.00. Your school just made 10 bucks. Each store/restaurant offers different percentages to the school.

We started this 3 years ago at our small, private school. Just got a report end of December, to date the school has made just under $70,000. It is a great way to raise money. And you have that money right away. I buy all my gc's through scrip.

Lisa

Thanks! What a great idea! I would like to check into that for use at our school (a small private school). I'll try googling it, but do you have any info on the contact for getting SCRIP's at our school? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter