• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using scooter in line for ride

icelady

Mouseketeer
I need some guidance if possible. I am visiting the parks with a friend and have very limited mobility. I did rent a scooter as I always have but when I get to the ride the sign at the que says you need to transfer to a wc. We have visited numerous times before and was able to take the scooter in line. My friend is scooter dependent also and cannot push me thru the que either. I am not asking to not wait my turn just want to be able to use the scooter that I need for my ambulation as I cannot manually do a wc by myself due to stamina ,difficulty ambulating and breathing difficulty. I realize not all rides say to transfer but from my last visit 2 yrs ago a lot of them have changed their policy. Thanks in advance for any input.

There are a few rides that do not allow ECVs through the line. Usually this is due to limited space at the ride boarding/unboarding area(s). The number of ECVs were crowding those areas and creating an unsafe environment. I know this is what happened at Buzz Lightyear in MK, possibly a couple of others. Other queues (Jungle Cruise is one) have always required a transfer because the load and unload are in different buildings and there is no easy way to get an ECV from one location to the other.

I'm very sorry this is impacting your vacation. Hopefully you are finding enjoyment on other rides and activities!

I frankly doubt that Disney has changed it's policy over the past few years such that in the past there were rides you could ride in an ecv but are now not permitted to.

I frankly doubt that Disney has changed it's policy over the past few years such that in the past there were rides you could ride in an ecv but are now not permitted to.

We were allowed to bring ECV's through the line at Buzz Lightyear in 2011, but not in 2012.

I understand you are having a difficulty here. I feel your pain; because, we are in the same boat.

I have to say I don't let it get me down that I may have to skip some rides. There's so much to do it doesn't bother me. If you really need a pusher for a wheelchair then you can hire a helper. It will probably cost about $20 an hour and you have to pay their admission to the park and whatever meals you choose to do that day. We have felt it's just better to skip some rides.

I'm so happy that most attractions and such are scooter accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter