Using pumpkin guts!

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
We have a medium pumkin to carve and I wonder if its worth saving the seeds and flesh, or should I just bin them? What do you do with yours?

(We don't decorate so much over here, so one pumpkin is all I have:rotfl2:)

TIA

I salt and bake the seeds till golden brown. Spread them out on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for maybe 15- 20 minutes, you need to keep an eye on them so they don't get too brown. I do not rinse the seeds first and that seems to make them extra flavorful. My neighbors love them!
I just discard the rest of the guts.

We have a medium pumkin to carve and I wonder if its worth saving the seeds and flesh, or should I just bin them? What do you do with yours?

(We don't decorate so much over here, so one pumpkin is all I have:rotfl2:)

TIA

You will be scraping out the seeds and the strings, the flesh is what makes the pumpkin so don't try to scoop that out.

Just rinse the seeds well and dry, Then spritz with a bit of oil (very little) lightly salt and then toast in the oven, stirring occasionally until they are slightly golden. We love to eat them, but you can feed the birds with them as well (in that case do not salt). If you don't want to eat them or feed the birds then just throw the seeds and strings away and enjoy carving your jack o lantern

You will be scraping out the seeds and the strings, the flesh is what makes the pumpkin so don't try to scoop that out.

Just rinse the seeds well and dry, Then spritz with a bit of oil (very little) lightly salt and then toast in the oven, stirring occasionally until they are slightly golden. We love to eat them, but you can feed the birds with them as well (in that case do not salt). If you don't want to eat them or feed the birds then just throw the seeds and strings away and enjoy carving your jack o lantern

They are also really tasty when you don't wash them first and I find I can skip the olive oil then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter