Using Pools at other resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resort guests are only allowed to swim at their resort pools. Lifeguards can ask for resort id (especially at Stormalong Bay at YC & BC). That said, if half of your party is at one resort and half is at the other, could you get away with having the kids all swim together at one resort? Probably - as long as they all behaved themselves. That's your call to make.

SAB requires a wrist band at least that what they gave us to wear to show that we were staying at the Yacht Club this past January after we showed them the room key. Not saying you are wrong so please don't take it that way <smiles>

When we stayed at the YC in June 2007 we had to show our room key everytime and then we received our colored wrist bands for that day. There were some people who were not staying at the YC trying to get into SAB and they would not allow them in which to me is only right.

I was just anticipating our 7 year old nephew wanting to go on the water slide with his favorite uncle (by default - only uncle!) during the day between park visits.

We are going at the end of October, and we figured going to the water parks might get a little chilly, but the pools at the resorts are heated and might be a nice break in the afternoon between parks. I don't think my in-laws would be interested in swimming and the 3 year old nephew may not even want to go. I just know the 7 year old will, especially if he sees a water slide.

I wouldn't want to upset any other guests by having him over, and I would definitely ask before we did anything. I'm a rule follower!!

:beach:

Thanks for everyone's help, and I'm happy to see that this didn't start anything nasty or negative.

I was just anticipating our 7 year old nephew wanting to go on the water slide with his favorite uncle (by default - only uncle!) during the day between park visits.

We are going at the end of October, and we figured going to the water parks might get a little chilly, but the pools at the resorts are heated and might be a nice break in the afternoon between parks. I don't think my in-laws would be interested in swimming and the 3 year old nephew may not even want to go. I just know the 7 year old will, especially if he sees a water slide.

I wouldn't want to upset any other guests by having him over, and I would definitely ask before we did anything. I'm a rule follower!!

:beach:

Thanks for everyone's help, and I'm happy to see that this didn't start anything nasty or negative.

Right, things like this I don't think most people have a proble with. I certainly don't. It's the few rotton apples that spoil it for everyone! LOL! I would never, even staying at they Poly, pack my stuff up and go over to the Contemporary just because, lol. Now, if half of my family was staying at the Poly and the other half at any other resort, I feel we should be able to spend a "free, lol - the prices of disney" day together. Actually with kids your talking 2 hours.

I would never, even staying at they Poly, pack my stuff up and go over to the Contemporary just because, lol. Now, if half of my family was staying at the Poly and the other half at any other resort, I feel we should be able to spend a "free, lol - the prices of disney" day together. Actually with kids your talking 2 hours.

What difference does that make? The rules are pretty straight forward: No pool hopping unless you are DVC, or staying at a sister resort. The pools at any of the resorts are not meant to hold an unlimited number of people, they are built for the guests of that resort only. Not the guests of that resort and whoever else they feel like inviting over. I would be pretty mad if I paid to stay at a resort and others who did not came over to swim. And I think many other people would be too. And I think if you ever experienced not being able to find a chair at your own resorts pool, you would be a little mad too.

Like others have said, you can ask at the pool, and you may get a different answer. Depending on how busy the pool/resort is. But in general you need to swim at the resort you are staying at. If your family can't agree on the same resort, you might want to look into spending a day at one of the water parks, which are built to handle a huge number of people.

What difference does that make? The rules are pretty straight forward: No pool hopping unless you are DVC, or staying at a sister resort. The pools at any of the resorts are not meant to hold an unlimited number of people, they are built for the guests of that resort only. Not the guests of that resort and whoever else they feel like inviting over. I would be pretty mad if I paid to stay at a resort and others who did not came over to swim. And I think many other people would be too. And I think if you ever experienced not being able to find a chair at your own resorts pool, you would be a little mad too.

Like others have said, you can ask at the pool, and you may get a different answer. Depending on how busy the pool/resort is. But in general you need to swim at the resort you are staying at. If your family can't agree on the same resort, you might want to look into spending a day at one of the water parks, which are built to handle a huge number of people.

Just out of curiousity, not being sarcastic in any way, have you been inconvenienced by a child swimming with other family? I'm very curious.

Just out of curiousity, not being sarcastic in any way, have you been inconvenienced by a child swimming with other family? I'm very curious.

It is not so much the kids in the pool as it is the adults that take up the lounge chairs by the pool. And the fact that Disney tells you you are to swim at the resort you are staying at, with a few exceptions. What is so hard about simply following the rules?:confused3

It is not so much the kids in the pool as it is the adults that take up the lounge chairs by the pool. And the fact that Disney tells you you are to swim at the resort you are staying at, with a few exceptions. What is so hard about simply following the rules?:confused3

That's completely fair, if you are staying at a resort and don't have a lounge chair, I would be upset too, has this happened to you? Did you complain? What happened? I have been during peak season and have not been w/o a lounge chair. I would for sure complain.

I have a really strong opinion on this topic, and that opinion is: all hotel pools should ONLY be used by the guests who are staying at that specific resort. Part of what you are paying for besides the hotel room, is the ammenities such as the pool. I think that it is wrong that some parents allow their children to use other hotels pools when they are not staying there. This really bothers me at hotels such as the Polynesian Resort. The reason why it bothers me is because the guests there are paying 400.00 a night. Part of that 400.00 a night gives the hotel guests at the Polynesian the ability to use the volcano pool. If people that were staying at let's say Pop Century waltzed on over and just decided that they were going to use it, is not right.

To me it comes down to peoples respect and kindness.

I have a really strong opinion on this topic, and that opinion is: all hotel pools should ONLY be used by the guests who are staying at that specific resort. Part of what you are paying for besides the hotel room, is the ammenities such as the pool. I think that it is wrong that some parents allow their children to use other hotels pools when they are not staying there. This really bothers me at hotels such as the Polynesian Resort. The reason why it bothers me is because the guests there are paying 400.00 a night. Part of that 400.00 a night gives the hotel guests at the Polynesian the ability to use the volcano pool. If people that were staying at let's say Pop Century waltzed on over and just decided that they were going to use it, is not right.

To me it comes down to peoples respect and kindness.

I respect your view.

By a visiting child swimming? Probably never. By that child's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, taking up chairs that could be used by resort Guests? Um, MUCH more likely scenario.

By a visiting child swimming? Probably never. By that child's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, taking up chairs that could be used by resort Guests? Um, MUCH more likely scenario.

"Much more likely SCENARIO", that's the word I would like to know if someone has experienced, rather than imagined, or "if this happened". TIA! Please, don't be mean.

I just wanted to make this clear that I do not want to start a debate on any of this. I just wanted to state my point of view, and my feelings towards this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter