Using points

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
Can I book a Disney cruise using points online? I didn’t know if I would have to call Member Services. I usually book my WDW trips online, but have never done a cruise that way.

I don’t think so. It’s an option when you call Member Service.

Can I book a Disney cruise using points online? I didn’t know if I would have to call Member Services. I usually book my WDW trips online, but have never done a cruise that way.
DVC Members can only book reservations for DVC Resorts and RCI Exchanges online when using points. Any other points reservations must be done by calling Member Services.

Please concider renting your points and then using the cash for the cruise. It's a better point/$ value but totally understand why people do it. I did it my first cruise but would rent in the future to pay cash for the cruise. Others will tell you the same.

@Barbydoll8 is correct. It's been a logistics nightmare using DVC points from our first canceled cruise in Sept 2020 and continues today. WARNING: DVC points for DCL are exchanged into Reservation Pts and can not be converted back into DVC Pts. Never. We ended up with 848 resv pts that have to be "use it or lose it" by Aug 31, 2022. Even Disney can't keep track of these resv pts. We have family in Orlando that have been chipping away at the resv pts. In April they wanted a short stay at Grand Floridian (mind you these resv pts are only good for the hotel side not the DVC villa side of anything)I had enough for the short stay (it would deplete the resv pts). Oh no, said the CM, I was short pts and had to use DVC pts. That cost me big time. OK, they enjoyed the vacation. Thought I was finished with the resv pts (BTW you can not see resv pts on DVC, only the CM can see them). This past June I received a nice follow-up that I still had 278 resv pts to use before Aug 2022. Those were the pts I knew I had for the April trip!

Never again. I now rent the points and pay cash (Disney GC when there is a deal) to my DU TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter