Using points on Southwest Flights

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
We'll be flying in January 2016. I want to book my flights ASAP, I will have a good amount of points saved up but it won't cover the entire cost. As I get closer to my flights in January I'll have more points saved up. Is there a way to apply them to flights that have already been puchased?

Last edited:
We'll be flying in January 2016. I want to book my flights ASAP, I will have a good amount of points saved up but it won't cover the entire cost. As I get closer to my flights in January I'll have more points saved up. Is there a way to apply them to flights that have already been puchased?
Not that I know of. Do you have enough points now to book the outgoing (one-way) flight? If so, perhaps just book that one and wait to book the return until you have enough points for that leg.

FYI - the points calculations are changing in April. It's no longer a straight dollar for points exchange. Some routes might be more, some less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter