using points from 2 contracts

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I'm getting a very small resale contract, which has a different use year from my current contract. It will be treated as a different master contract because it has a different use year.

My understanding is that if I want to make a reservation using two different contracts, I can do so. The reservations will be linked. I will not have to change rooms, assuming that it is the same resort, villa size, category.

Can someone please confirm that I won't have to change rooms? That is important to me.

(I realize that I could transfer points from the small contract to the larger contract, and then make one reservation. But my understanding is that you can't use borrowing if you transfer. You can only transfer current year points; borrowed points cannot be transferred. And after the transfer is accomplished, those points cannot be borrowed. So if I want to borrow points from the next use year from my small contract and use them for my reservation, I can't do it via transferring.)

If you make part of a trip reservation with one use year and the rest with the other, you can link the two reservations and you will not have to change rooms, although you may have to do a mini check out and check in on turnover day including getting new room keys

The way I manage this is to transfer enough points to my small contract to make my booking with banking and borrowing within the small contract and then any nights left to book i book it with my large contract and if necessary link the bookings. I say if necessary as we often do a split stay. I have 6 nights like this linked for August and SSR treehouse Villa. What member services told me is that they won't guarantee that i won't have to move rooms with a linked reservation but that it is highly unlikely. Makes sense as why would they want to have to clean and deliver a totally fresh room when they can just leave us in the room we are in.

I have a five night stay with Sept OKW points, a two night stay with Dec OKW points and two nights with Sept OKW points. I emailed MS to have the three reservations linked so we could stay put in the same villa. When we check in I'll have to check to make sure I am blocked into the same room, though. And I'll probably have to check in, check out, check in, check out, check in and check during that trip.

Thanks. It should work okay. More complicated than if I had just purchased exactly what I wanted from Disney, but that would have cost about $950 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter