Using Photopass for Engagement Photos?

goodmorningirl

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone.

My fiance and I will be going to WDW in March for our site visit. I really like the idea of doing an engagement shoot of some sort with Disney icons to send out with save the dates. The thing is, we really don't have a couple hundred dollars to do it with Disney or even an outside photographer. :sad2: We also would want some photos in the park at places such as The Haunted Mansion. So now my budgeted mind is thinking maybe use the photopass people that are already there?? It obviously wouldn't be personal, but I'm wondering if we could get a nice picture.

What do you all think? Are there usually photopass photographers near The Haunted Mansion? Do you think they will take a decent picture?

TIA! :)

are you going to buy the photopass cd or just order prints from the website... both are kind of expensive!

honestly, in lots of trips and hundreds of photopass pix, i've only even liked about 5 and ordered them. you may get a better picture by just asking a stranger to take it for you on your digital!

if you don't get the cd... it expires online within 30 days.

I was very much considering this a few months ago. Unfortunately, we can not go to Disney at this time so we just did pics at home....anyway. Someone made the suggestion to make a reservation at the Crystal Palace for their earliest breakfast. That way you can get into the park before everyone else, and by the time you are done, before the big crowd gets in you can get pics in front of the castle.

I was planning on making kind of a game out of it....find EVERY photopass photographer that we could. If you buy the CD BEFORE you get any pictures taken...it is cheaper than if you buy it after.

I think it would be fun!!

I bought the CD [and extensions because it took 5 months!] from my college program.

I had over 700 pictures from 5 months. I got about 100 awesome ones and then varying ones all the way down to horrible ones.

Good luck! Stop at every photopass person...you can get lucky!

We got about 130 photos from our honeymoon and I really liked most of them! I thought PhotoPass did a really excellent job. I agree on just trying to track down as many photographers as you can, and get as many pictures as possible. If you're doing something like wearing the Just Engaged buttons, they will probably do some more "romantic" poses with you - I know the photographers usually got excited when they saw that we were on our honeymoon and did a lot of fun poses. If you want to see some of our photopass pictures you can look through my PJ/TR, the link is in my sig!

I don't remember seeing one at the Haunted Mansion but I wasn't specifically looking for it. It's also not super cheap - If you pre-order the CD ahead of time it's about $100. I would assume ordering prints for all your save the dates would be more than that since I remember prints being pretty obscenely priced (maybe $10 per print?)

honestly, in lots of trips and hundreds of photopass pix, i've only even liked about 5 and ordered them. you may get a better picture by just asking a stranger to take it for you on your digital!

+1. Find a stranger carrying a huge DSLR and ask them to take your picture with your own point and shoot. No guarantees, but hopefully they know how to use a camera and frame a shot better than most of the Photopass people. Or, if you're lucky, you'll find the owner of a huge DSLR who'll use your SD card.

Photopass pics look like snapshots.

can’t hurt to seek out the photopass folks but we’ve never had a great photo pass pic - and as mentioned, the pictures are expensive and i think it would be a huge gamble to even spend $100 or whatever on a CD that you really have no way of knowing how many pics you will get and how many you will like! if that is your best option, i would aim to get as many photopss pics as you can and have a halfway decent camera to ask photo pass folks to take one on yours after and maybe another guest here or there to snap a quick picture for you. i can’t remember seeing any photo pass people anywhere in any parks other than the main “weenie”!

if you are getting married at WDW i would HIGHLY suggest you consider booking something with a photographer you might use for the wedding, although i guess you say this is a site visit as opposed to your planning session which is where we did our e pics using our wedding photographers - go david and vicki arndt! woot!

anyways - have fun!!

I personally think that you can do photo pass for your engagement shots. I have always liked my photo pass pictures. I would definitely buy the CD before and then make a point to take as many photo pass pictures as possible. We are getting the disc before our december trip

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter