• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

using ONLY Disney photography??

Lulu sweetie - They will listen to your preferences but make absolutely nor guarantees at all that you will get who you request!!

Just wanted to update...there's been a significant price increase for the MK photo shoots....it's now $1500 for the MK, and $1700 for the MK plus another park (epcot, etc).
Just when I thought I was coming in under budget for things....still worth it though! ;)

They may take your requests into account but I requested two photographers and was recently assigned my photographer and did not get either of them. Disney photography is shooting my MK shoot, ceremony, reception and dessert party so I don't think them shooting your whole wedding or not makes a difference.

We used Disney and Randy Chapman also.

Disney photographer was a nice chap and will see pictures soon.

Randy was first class. Can't speak highly enough of him.

Just wanted to update...there's been a significant price increase for the MK photo shoots....it's now $1500 for the MK, and $1700 for the MK plus another park (epcot, etc).
Just when I thought I was coming in under budget for things....still worth it though! ;)

Wow! Off I go to update my budget spreadsheet. I can't believe the rights to the photos (the 1 to 2 hours of photos) aren't even included for that price.

WOW thats a BIG increase - I have no idea what it will be be 2013 when I want to tie the knot! thats bumped that off of the budget!

They may take your requests into account but I requested two photographers and was recently assigned my photographer and did not get either of them. Disney photography is shooting my MK shoot, ceremony, reception and dessert party so I don't think them shooting your whole wedding or not makes a difference.

This is true. Cannot remember if I stated this here or not, but for our VR I requested Amy, Regina, and Mike S. We ended up with Stephanie. :rotfl: I was told by Tanis (our planner) that one was on vacation, one was getting married and the other was the photographer at that wedding.

But we were very happy with Stephanie and love our pictures! Only thing I wish was that we had more photos!

I am glad you think it is worth it!!! I certainly don't, but it was never a priority for me
I think that Disney are taking the Mickey (pun intended!!) with this price increase. It wouldn't be so bad if the results of these shoots were consistently good, but they are far from it, unfortunately.

My goodness! That is one heck of a price jump! :scared1: Is the price of the CD of high res images increasing, too? (There's both the upfront cost if you want it right away, or the after three years cost - which has already gone from $100 to $500 in the four years since my wedding!!)

Maybe with all the complaints, Disney is trying to have fewer couples actually do in park shoots? Fewer shoots, higher quality?? (One can only pray for higher quality from DP!)

I contacted DPS to see if the disc of images was included and the rights to print them and they said it wasn't. What? :scared1: All that money and I have to order my reprints from Disney? Are you kidding me?

I contacted DPS to see if the disc of images was included and the rights to print them and they said it wasn't. What? :scared1: All that money and I have to order my reprints from Disney? Are you kidding me?

The disk never has been included in any of the park shoots. You get (got?) on-line viewing, 4x6 proofs, and a display album. The price of the high res CD was exorbitant, but if you waited thee years the prices dropped. (Though, as I said, even the reduced rate has increased dramatically.)

If you're an escape bride, and upgrade your included photography package to one of the Cinderella packages that includes the weddings photos on the high-res disc, the MK shoot pics are included on that CD too (according to my wedding planner) :woohoo:

If you're an escape bride, and upgrade your included photography package to one of the Cinderella packages that includes the weddings photos on the high-res disc, the MK shoot pics are included on that CD too (according to my wedding planner) :woohoo:

Just be aware that Disney's "high res" isn't the same as everyone else's. Disney's high-resolution disc is only good up to 8x10 prints; if you want to print anything larger, you need to go up to their "archival disc", which of course is more money.

I'm not an Escape bride. I'm a Wishes bride and unfortunately the MK shoot comes with very little for the high price tag. I will still do it because I want pictures with the castle but I won't pay extra to get the high res. disc.

The more I hear, the more ridiculously priced the MK shoot becomes, IMHO!!! It almost seems that Disney doesn't want to do these anymore. When you take in to consideration the enormous price hike and the quality of work they (sometimes) produce, it almost appears that they are trying to put people off booking them!!! Or, maybe, they just know how much brides want their photos done in front of the castle, and know they can make it as silly priced as they like, and people will still do it!!!

WOW thats a BIG increase - I have no idea what it will be be 2013 when I want to tie the knot! thats bumped that off of the budget!

I'm so nervous about what this shoot will be by the time we get married in 2013 too!

The more I hear, the more ridiculously priced the MK shoot becomes, IMHO!!! It almost seems that Disney doesn't want to do these anymore. When you take in to consideration the enormous price hike and the quality of work they (sometimes) produce, it almost appears that they are trying to put people off booking them!!! Or, maybe, they just know how much brides want their photos done in front of the castle, and know they can make it as silly priced as they like, and people will still do it!!!

True. I know that no matter what, we will do Hollywood Studios. While the castle is important to me, I will be more upset if the pictures from Hollywood Studios were not good! That's "our" park and my CM home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter