using ONLY Disney photography??

princessK30

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
just wondering who has used only the Disney photography that's included in the escape package and/or upgraded through Disney without hiring an outside photographer. we're trying to weigh the pros/cons of hiring outside of Disney or staying with them and upgrading the package....I've looked at people like Randy Chapman and Jason Angelini (who both come highly recommended I've read). I was ready to mail in my deposit to one of them until I found out how much albums cost to be made - it's crazy! Thoughts??? :confused3

Disney's prices for extra albums (beyond the 24-print album included in the Escape package) are high too.

Have you considered skipping professional albums and making them yourself using a consumer or pro service like Blurb.com, Mpix.com, etc.? You would need to get digital copies of your photos from your outside photographer, but they may already be included in your package (hi-res images are not included on the disc that comes with Escape photography).

We had the same dilemma, remember if you book an outside photographer you still get the Disney album album included with the Escape package.

We have booked Randy Chapman and we get a CD of all the images included in the package. We also included STVS (videography) and the package with both of them worked out about the same price as upgrading to the Disney CD so it was quite an easy choice for us in the end.

Plus, you can't guarantee which Disney photographer you will get and if you don't get one of the really good ones you could be paying a LOT to upgrade not so great pictures. With an outside photographer you know you are going to get the same great quality consistently.

We used only Disney photographers for our VR. We upgraded (so we could get the DVD). We were very pleased with our photographer - Stephanie.

We had several family members who did not/could not attend, so we picked a bunch of photos from the DVD and made up our own booklets (went to Walgrens) and the folks loved them.

We only used the Disney Photographers for our wedding and we did upgrade to have a resort shoot (we chose this over having Mickey at the wedding) and we were very pleased. We had Mike, and what a great guy. I can't wait to do our 10 yr vow renewal. :lmao:

The best decision we made was to hire an outside photographer. We had Randy Chapman. We had a very bad experience with Mike, the Disney photographer.

With Randy, we had a package that included the hi-res disc only. He took over 2000 pictures in the four hours we had him. With the disc, we were able to make our own albums using shutterfly. They are beautiful.

We checked out all the popular recommended Disney wedding photographers in the area. I live locally so I was able to make appointments and meet them personally. We chose David and Vicki Arndt. All of their packages include engagement pictures and the DVD of your images with printing rights. I love my e-pics and they were so much fun to work with. I'm getting 2 albums in my package and it all came out to less than using Disney photography. I'm having a Wishes Wedding though. Even if they were more expensive, I still would have chose them. You always get two photographers and I love their style. :cutie:

We used only Disney photography, and added the MK shoot and photography for the dessert party.

We ended up with the standard albums for the wedding day and MK shoot, and an extra album because the standards were on back order, 8 weeks went by and nobody said boo to us until I inquired where our albums were. I was happy with the resolution.

We bought the dvd for $750 so we could do what we wanted with the rest of the photos. I've made coffee-table like books for our mom's, Grammie, and one of my aunts.

We had Regina and LOVVVVEEEED her. She made us feel really comfortable. I wish she did family portraits for when we go back in June with our little one! My pics are in my pj in low resolution if you want to check it out.

Seriously, love Regina. Can't say it enough.

thank you all so much for your responses, we're so torn on what to do. I guess we'll have to make a list of what we really want out of our photography and decide the best route to take!

I would pick based on the pictures you like the best. After all, the album is not much use if you don't like the pictures that are going to go in it. ;)

It's true, albums are very expensive, but I think it's because of the time it takes to do the layouts and the material used to make them. You can't really get an album printed that is the same quality as that you get from photographers, although you can easily do prints, enlargements and canvases yourself. So one option would be to do a package that just includes the photography coverage, your album and image disc.

We are having our album done by our photographers since I did want a traditional album but did the parents / grandparents albums on our own which I thought was a good compromise. I used adoramapix for those albums and the quality is very close to a professional album. The pages are not quite as thick, but the layout options are great and the printing is beautiful. You can also do full spreads and there is no seam in the middle, and the book lays flat. You could do a full wedding album through them and it would cost much less than a pro album.

For those that only used Disney Photography...did you get to choose the pictures that went in the albums or did they choose for you??

For those that only used Disney Photography...did you get to choose the pictures that went in the albums or did they choose for you??

We used only Disney Photography and we upgraded to get more photos and a custom album. Regardless if you upgrade for additional photos, you get to choose the photos that come with your album. They provide you with an order form and you choose the ones you like. We were delighted with the service and what we got for the money. I would use them all over again in a heartbeat! :rotfl:

We used only Disney Photography and we upgraded to get more photos and a custom album. Regardless if you upgrade for additional photos, you get to choose the photos that come with your album. They provide you with an order form and you choose the ones you like. We were delighted with the service and what we got for the money. I would use them all over again in a heartbeat! :rotfl:

If you don't mind me asking, what package did you upgrade to? I would love to upgrade to the photojournalist package but also add the CD with copywrites!

If you don't mind me asking, what package did you upgrade to? I would love to upgrade to the photojournalist package but also add the CD with copywrites!

We upgraded to the Cinderella C package which gave us 40 5x7 photos and 1 11x14. They prepare it in a beautiful custom made album with nice Disney accents on every page. We also added the Magic Kingdom session which included another custom made album of 12 5x7. You can choose white or black for the album. Since I had two I chose 1 of each and they both look gorgeous. We had 2 photographers and they did a magnificent job. With the package we got the pictures on a cd, individual prints of each photo and the proof book. I think it was worth every penny. My hubby loved their services as well as the end result of the photos. We also used Disney Videography and once again were super happy we did. They captured everything beautifully :lovestruc You choose the music you want to add to the video and they customize it for you. Absolutely gorgeous.

We upgraded to the Cinderella C package which gave us 40 5x7 photos and 1 11x14. They prepare it in a beautiful custom made album with nice Disney accents on every page. We also added the Magic Kingdom session which included another custom made album of 12 5x7. You can choose white or black for the album. Since I had two I chose 1 of each and they both look gorgeous. We had 2 photographers and they did a magnificent job. With the package we got the pictures on a cd, individual prints of each photo and the proof book. I think it was worth every penny. My hubby loved their services as well as the end result of the photos. We also used Disney Videography and once again were super happy we did. They captured everything beautifully :lovestruc You choose the music you want to add to the video and they customize it for you. Absolutely gorgeous.

Hi, would you mind sharing a link to your video from Disney Videography? I'm curious to see if they've improved at all. Thanks!

We have booked Randy with the CD only package. This is the best option for us as coming from the UK a CD is the easiest thing to get back home plus there are so many sites now that you can use to make your own photobooks at a fraction of the cost and my personal favourite thing is to have digital photoframes.

We've not actually booked our wedding yet, but we're trying to do as much research into things as possible before we do!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell us how much it is for the MK photoshoot? Also, am I wrong in thinking that the photo CD you get has all the pictures taken on it?

We've not actually booked our wedding yet, but we're trying to do as much research into things as possible before we do!

I was just wondering if anyone could tell us how much it is for the MK photoshoot? Also, am I wrong in thinking that the photo CD you get has all the pictures taken on it?

It's $1100 for the MK photoshoot...you don't get the CD with the shoot but you do get an album. You can purchase the CD for an additional cost though.
If you upgrade your photo package you get the weddings pics on a CD with the package and you can pay an additional price to have the MK photo shoot pics added on as well.
There is a book that breaks down all the prices for everything at Disney including photography and has really really helped with our wedding planning....it's called Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons by Carrie Hayward. I got mine on ebay I think but you can order it from bookstore websites too. Just a suggestion ;)

It's $1100 for the MK photoshoot...you don't get the CD with the shoot but you do get an album. You can purchase the CD for an additional cost though.
If you upgrade your photo package you get the weddings pics on a CD with the package and you can pay an additional price to have the MK photo shoot pics added on as well.
There is a book that breaks down all the prices for everything at Disney including photography and has really really helped with our wedding planning....it's called Passporters Disney Weddings and Honeymoons by Carrie Hayward. I got mine on ebay I think but you can order it from bookstore websites too. Just a suggestion ;)

Oh I will HAVE to get that book! So many questions! Thank you :)

Now then...do I want the horse and carriage or the MK photoshoot? hmmmm hehe

I know that you can't choose a particular Disney photographer for an MK shoot, but if they shoot your whole wedding do they take preferences into account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter