Using Old DVC Member Card

Two points. One, when we were there last week (July 10-15) we were also told we could not get them any longer at SSR. Second point is strictly speculation, but, the reason for this may be the new restrictions; i.e., they may not want to tell someone who no longer qualifies for the discounts (and thus the new card) due to change in resale policies "no" at SSR which is the sales center. How much would they like having an angry member there the check-in counter when potential buyers are walking in the door?

We never got ours in the mail. About 6 weeks ago I called for them to (re) send our cards. Mine arrived two weeks ago. Never got my wife's card. I called MS the day after mine arrived and they said they are mailed separately and the notation was very clear that both cards needed to be sent. Can't imagine why they'd be at least two weeks apart.

DVC member id cards were changed so that direct buyers and qualified resale buyers could receive the new cards while non qualified now non members would not.

New cards are processed in bulk by an outsourced vendor who waits to run a minimum amount.

DVD doesn't want their sales operation printing cards for members, that's not their job.

Online cards reduces cost or they would not have paid to add that feature to the website.

The new cards expiration date is there for a reason, we just don't know what the reason is.

:earsboy: Bill

OK, glad I read this. I didn't know anything about getting new cards. We have three memberships and have not received anything. I saw something on the member website, but I thought it was just a new logo on the card for the 25 yrs and was available for those who wanted cards with that logo. I never knew we HAD to get new cars.

OK, glad I read this. I didn't know anything about getting new cards. We have three memberships and have not received anything. I saw something on the member website, but I thought it was just a new logo on the card for the 25 yrs and was available for those who wanted cards with that logo. I never knew we HAD to get new cars.
It's possible you received them, but didn't realize it. If you received a 25th Anniversary mailing earlier this year, new member id cards were included with that. I've seen many posts were members received the mailing, but tossed it because they thought it was basically junk mail.

I went online to see if I could order the new cards. Online it lists our 3 membership numbers in order from the most recent to the oldest. I just went in to the membership # that was on the form (the newest) and ordered my new card. Then I tried to get cards for our other 2 accts, but there was no way I could. So I called MS. She ordered my husband a card on our oldest membership # but could do no more. Evidently, my husband has a club # assigned to him, and I have a club # assigned to me. I was told that it would take a day or more for the request to be processed, and only then could I request additional cards for another member ship # because all memberships are under one club # for each of us, and we each have a request in already for that club #. I then asked if I could have my husband's club # so I could set up an online acct for him, and was told no....for security reasons.

Just another thing that needs done before our trip. At least it's not until October, so I hope we have time. Yet another thing to stress over in order to take a Disney trip.............

Evidently, my husband has a club # assigned to him, and I have a club # assigned to me.
The Club ID is used to distinguish each individual on a membership (including associate members). Everyone has a Club ID assigned to them even if they have never setup access to the member website.

We just now received our first and only card for DH. On my trip to DL/GCV in May I had my old card and a copy of the digital card with my name on it. Those two things plus my ID would NOT get me a retail discount at a couple of the stores in DL. Believe me, it left a really sour taste in my mouth with all of the "just print your card" BS they handed out. They said "No - we were specifically told only to accept the new cards." I got the overall impression that DVC isn't anything really special in DL.

For those of you that have not received you new cards the were delivered in a silver envelope with this brochure. The envelope is appoximately 8.5 X 11.
25th anniversary logo on the back.
I found this buried on my desk this morning luckily I decided to open it.
Based on the dated information I received it in Jan or Feb.
_MG_4914.JPG

For those of you that have not received you new cards the were delivered in a silver envelope with this brochure. The envelope is appoximately 8.5 X 11.
25th anniversary logo on the back.
I found this buried on my desk this morning luckily I decided to open it.
Based on the dated information I received it in Jan or Feb.
View attachment 189204

Never received that.
Friend in WA never received anything and never reads this board, so I told her about the new cards. Hopefully she has requested one.
Still waiting for DH's to arrive........4 weeks into the 6-8 week time frame

What is the activation code, and where do I find it? I looked thru my membership purchase paperwork but couldn't find it. That's where DVC indicated it was. I have a DVC account at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/, but it asks me for an activation code.

Do you have your member number? If you do you can call Member administration and they will help you set up your online account.

All of our cards have now arrived after I requested them online.
Took about 5 weeks

I just looked, and I have three different cards:

- one is a very dark blue and has what appear to be mountains in the left corner
- one is grey and has a dime-size Mickey head near the top
- one is royal blue and has a quarter-size globe turned into a Mickey head on the left

Which is the New one?

- one is a very dark blue and has what appear to be mountains in the left corner
- one is royal blue and has a quarter-size globe turned into a Mickey head on the left

Which is the New one?

Gray? I don't remember that one. The other two, yes.

Which is the New one?
The one that looks like this:
New-Iridescent-card_updated-WEST.png

Above the Disney Vacation Club line, you should have Your name, Member since, member number and EXP date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter