Using My Meal Credits for Others...

MickeyCrazed

DIS Veteran
OK... I'm going to ask this question at the risk of being flamed. :firefight

I'm want to start by saying I am in no way trying to cheat the system. So here is my story...

I will be taking a solo trip in October. I have family coming to visit me for a few days (booked them a separate room at OKW.)

I purchased the dining plan for myself, but not for them. We will be spending a few days together, doing mostly offsite things such as SeaWorld etc.

Since I will be spending the first few days with them, I won't have a chance to use all my CS credits. I was thinking of taking them over to Coronado Springs for a late breakfast or early lunch on the day they depart.

Do you think I will be able to use 3 of my CS credits to pay for our meal at the Pepper Market?

OK... I'm prepared for the flames! :teeth:

MickeyCrazed said:
Do you think I will be able to use 3 of my CS credits to pay for our meal at the Pepper Market?

OK... I'm prepared for the flames! :teeth:
No flame, just an honest answer. No, I don't think you'll be allowed to do that.

No flames here! You aren't trying to get around the system in any way that I can see. (your family has a separate room and is not on the dining plan - that is fine)
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining enhancement provides two meals and one snack at participating Disney restaurants.

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining includes:

• Accommodations at a Disney Resort
• Magic Your Way Base ticket
• Disney Dining Plan

(snip)
Everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options.

You bought and paid for (if even you are on the 'free ddp') your dining plan, so you can use it however you see fit. You can use as many CS or TS at one place as you like, so long as you still have that many credits left on your plan.
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining enhancement provides two meals and one snack at participating Disney restaurants.

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining includes:

• Accommodations at a Disney Resort
• Magic Your Way Base ticket
• Disney Dining Plan

Choose from over 100 participating Disney restaurants. For each night of the package you receive:

1 Table-Service meal including appetizer, entrée, dessert, non-alcoholic beverage and/or gratuity/service charge
1 Counter Service meal including entrée and dessert (except at breakfast), or one combination meal, and non-alcoholic beverage
1 Snack, such as snack-cart ice cream, popcorn or a non-alcoholic beverage
Children ages 3-9 must choose from children’s menu if available

Meal options are flexible and can be used in a variety of combinations, including:
using multiple meal options in any one day

I know some people said they bought CS meals for complete strangers on their last day, just to use up their credits.

I think it is very kind of you to treat your family to breakfast or lunch!
I hope have a wonderful trip with lots of special magic for your kindness!

*Quotes are from the sticky thread at the top

I do believe that the plan states it is non-transferable. Meaning, you can't transfer your meals to them. I'm not flaming you nor am I trying to be the DIS police. :) I just don't think it is allowed. And I don't think we are supposed to start threads like this, are we?

"Any questions regarding the use of the plan that are not answered specifically in the WDW Dining Brochure cannot be accurately answered on these boards and should be addressed to WDW Dining. Interpretation of the rules has led to a tremendous amount of debate on these boards. To avoid further conflict, we will close any threads that ask for interpretation of the rules and encourage the poster to contact WDW Dining."

sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter